shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you buy this?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you had the chance to buy this for $799 would you? It is a James Meyer with a 10-12mm south sea mabe gray/white pearl and a cab purple sapphire. I want to know if it is a decent deal to get. 18k yellow gold.

james_meyer_pearl2.jpg

james_meyer_pearl.jpg

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Have you seen the ring out of the box to be able to judge how thick the gold on the mounting and shank is? What is the gram weight of the piece? If you really love it you might try making an offer.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Must say I do like JM's work, took a peek at his website as he isn't someone I'm familiar with. Judging just by what is given in the ebay listing vs new prices, probably an ok deal, if the pearl is not scratched and the mounting is in good shape and not too worn. Your call.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous - if I had the funds I would definitely buy it! (No come t on if its a good deal but it certainly speaks to me!)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
PS And I'd also buy the bangle she's selling. Ooo la la!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's worth it. I have a piece by him and it's beautiful; the detail is amazing and it's heavy. My only concern would be whether the pearl really is intact. Otherwise, it's a good deal :)) .

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'm having a pearl set now in a custom gold setting, and I'm paying way more than $799. Part of it is because I know the workmanship and design will be impeccable. JM is a well respected custom designer which I know from my time spent over in the Colored Stones forum. I'd consider that a reasonable price.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, I would........ nice find!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I'd say yes. It's a gorgeous piece, and I am a big fan of JM.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all. She says the pearl and sapphire are perfect as she hardly wore it. I do love JM designs and the leaf is my favorite style. I am pretty sure I am going to get it. Will post pics.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I bought it! I will have a pearl ring with purple in it and a James Meyer to boot! Wow! I am so excited to get this ring!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
redwood66|1375107454|3492398 said:
So I bought it! I will have a pearl ring with purple in it and a James Meyer to boot! Wow! I am so excited to get this ring!

Lucky you! That is one beautiful ring :love:

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
I would want the pearl to set higher to show more of the pearl as a center of attention. I can't tell if the pearl is baroque or round. I would compare more rings of the similar setting to make a decision. But it is ultimately your call for the purchase, because beauty is in the eyes of beholder. Thanks for showing the ring.

Lois from AnnaGraceDream.com

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anna the pearl is a mabe and I like that about it. I am afraid if it were round or higher set I would not even consider it for fear of cracking or popping it off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results