shape
carat
color
clarity

Purse thread-have you ever bought 2 colors of the same bag?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you ever bought more than one color of the same bag? I have a couple of times but ended up not using the second one as much as I thought. What has been your experience?

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Purse thread-have you ever bought 2 colors of the same b

Yes, I love a certain style of the Coach Legacy line. It just fits my body perfectly. I've owned the gardenia, whiskey and turquoise. I'd love to get the raspberry colored one someday.

Another thing I've done is buy 4 different styles of the same color bag from Coach, as well as the matching wallets. It's a turquoise patent leather. Because all my purses are the same color, I don't think people even notice when I change bags :).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, in fact my summer Coach purse is fabric and because I liked the style, I bought the same style in black leather!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock

I haven't but I certainly would! I'm picky about bags but I like to have a white bag, a brown bag, and a black bag (well, at least one of each). If I find a style I like I would certainly buy it in multiple colors. I'm looking for a "go-to" bag lately but am having a hard time because everything out there right now is so darn big! I've actually been phasing down to clutches/wristlets because all the bags out there seem to be large enough to use as luggage!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

When we were in Spain a few years ago, I found a purse I loved in both black and brown. They were on the expensive side (by my standards anyway) and I hemmed and hawed about buying both (DH finally made the decision because he was wanted to get out of the store, lol!). I am so glad that "I" (ahem) bought both because I use them both a lot. They are my "go to" winter bags and have more than paid for themselves at this point.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I have three Rebecca Minkoff Morning After bags. One black oversized one - the "Luxe," if I'm remembering the name right? - one warm red satchel-style with brass hardware. And one raspberry with rose gold hardware. They're really comfy with lots of compartments! And the slightly different sizes make them fit different needs. Also just caved and got my second Tumi Voyageur ... although their much vaunted customer service stinks, the bags are perfect for travel, lightweight, spacious, and, again, neatly subdivided. Sometimes duplicates are worth it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, I have 2 of the same Cole Haan hobo bag in black and light brown, and same for their crossbody bags. I also own a number of the Dooney Bourke crossbody bags in grey, brown and black. I have vintage Coach bags in different colors that are all very similar with the exception of the colors. Black, brown, beige and red to name a few. When you like something why not get it in different colors if you can? Ofc I don't have really expensive pocketbooks so I can afford to get the ones I like in different colors. If I was into bags that cost thousands I wouldn't be able to do that.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have three Rebecca Minkoff Cupid satchels sitting on the bed in my guest room, and I have been trying to decide all week which one (s) to keep. I ordered all three colors from Nordstrom's sale ( at different times!). I sent back the black and taupe, and then ordered the full price black smooth leather one. It was beautuiful and $500. I was having a hard time swallowing the price. On a whim, I decided to check out Zappos, and lo and behold they had two colors I was interested in for 297.00! I ordered both, and the next day they were back to full price!

It gets even better. Looking at the black one I noticed that one of the rivets looked like a different color than the others that were bright shiny gold. So, I called up and asked for an exchange,which they are sending out 2 day express, and they gave me a $50.00 coupon on my next purchase! Woohoo. DS needs shoes and football cleats!

So now I have a burgandy, almond and gorgeous black bag to choose from. I went through my closet and got out allmy purse bags and I have quite a lot I dont wear. I am going to give my daughter and my son's girlfriend their choice and maybe ebay a few. I bought 2 Maxx hand bags many years ago and I still wear the black one, and I have two Dooneys that are alike. I still like them but they are pretty heavy and the strap is kind of a beige belting fabric and it gets dirty.

I have ordered some apple stain and water repellent that I read about on the purse forum to keep the almond one clean. Has anyone used that before? I dont usually like light colored bags because of color transfer or staining.

Which should I keep?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Circe, I am going to look at the Morning after and the Tumi. I am going to need a new bag for my trip. The cupid will barely fit in my backpack that I am going to take (I think). It's cute more than funtional but still better than all the totes I have tried, and new since I have never used it. I love my Tumi carry on. Hmmmm...

Which Voyageur-there are a lot of them!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1375007683|3491784 said:
Yes, I have 2 of the same Cole Haan hobo bag in black and light brown, and same for their crossbody bags. I also own a number of the Dooney Bourke crossbody bags in grey, brown and black. I have vintage Coach bags in different colors that are all very similar with the exception of the colors. Black, brown, beige and red to name a few. When you like something why not get it in different colors if you can? Ofc I don't have really expensive pocketbooks so I can afford to get the ones I like in different colors. If I was into bags that cost thousands I wouldn't be able to do that.

Well, they are not the 1500.00 Chloe's but still a fair price even at a couple hundred dollars each. I have a few dooney crossbody's and I am getting rid of those. I have seen a few lovely Cole Haan's too. My daughter loves it when I get rid of a bag or two, and I dont feel so bad about buying something I no longer want to use!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes and i even bought a second of the same bag in the same color!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

luv2sparkle|1375024039|3491836 said:
missy|1375007683|3491784 said:

Well, they are not the 1500.00 Chloe's but still a fair price even at a couple hundred dollars each. I have a few dooney crossbody's and I am getting rid of those. I have seen a few lovely Cole Haan's too. My daughter loves it when I get rid of a bag or two, and I dont feel so bad about buying something I no longer want to use!

That's the best of both worlds then...when you want a new bag your daughter gets your previous one. Lucky girl!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

Yes! I too have several versions of the same Coach bag. We have an amazing outlet store nearby, I'm a sucker for the 30% off the already discounted price section!!! Then when I get bored of the bag off to eBay it goes.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I have, but I use the term "color" loosely with this. I have bought the same bag with a poppy pattern and then again in black. I have a very similar purse in burnt orange and then in a light grey. So yes I have bought not something I would use the same season.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Not the exact same bag, but I have Chanel flaps in various colors and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I do it with clothing and shoes too - if I find something that fits well, I will buy it in multiple colors.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock

I've got the same style of a Fossil in three different colors and a Vera Bradley style in five different patterns.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes. A Kenneth Cole in purple and pewter. I'd do this with other bags too, but I tend to wait for sales, so it doesn't always happen.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1375054710|3492090 said:
Not the exact same bag, but I have Chanel flaps in various colors and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I do it with clothing and shoes too - if I find something that fits well, I will buy it in multiple colors.

Me too and in fact I might buy multiples in the same color. I know I'm weird that way. I own many of the same exact pair of pants in black and ditto for my red and khaki ones. Same for tops and shoes. So many duplicate shoes it's ridiculous. One of the reasons I do this is because we have 2 homes and I don't want to be carting stuff back and forth. But another and more important reason I do this is whenever I find something I love (comfort, fit and looks wise) it becomes discontinued and this way I am good to go no matter what.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I do this with clothes too. I guess I get bored more easily with bags because I usually don't use the second as much as I thought I would, or after using the first a while I find I am not as keen on it as I thought I was. Thus, the hesitation. With clothing I am not usually spending $300. per item either.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock

I have a Prada bag in black and one in purple.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results