shape
carat
color
clarity

Will laser welding weaken a platinum ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ctuccikaufman

Rough_Rock
I recently had a three stone platinum ring custom made and it had all sorts of symmetry issues (It was bar set and the bars were uneven, shank was uneven...)

You can see the original thread and pictures here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/should-custom-work-be-symmetrical.25471/

So, I took it back to the jeweler to have the problems corrected. I just went to pick up the ring tonight and one of the diamonds was now set crooked. UGH! The jeweler said that there is not enough metal left to reset the stones again, so he is going to send the setting out to have more platinum laser welded to the tops of the bars. Will this weaken/cheapen the setting? I am so frustrated.
29.gif

Opinions please!!

Casey

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Since this jeweler has now twice presented you with a final product that is less than satisfactory, I would just want to ask for my money back!! I agree with Feydakin, I doubt this third time will be the charm (but you never know, I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you!)

ctuccikaufman

Rough_Rock
So, if this next try comes back wrong as well, is it appropriate to ask for a full refund??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results