shape
carat
color
clarity

A few of my favorite things...

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I pulled everything out today while I'm waiting for 3 more pieces to arrive-with luck, on Monday! I wanted to see what everything looked like together so I could branch out a bit. It was fun to have them frolicking together and see how much they changed even when they were placed next to different strands. Ahhhhh, pearls.

First a group shot:
-6_zps0940dfd1.jpg

Next, the bracelets:
-1_zpsfcb00fb3.jpg

My lone Tahitian from PP:
-2_zpsb6516dc3.jpg

Lights:
-4_zps2b835f65.jpg

Darks:
-5_zpsffa74154.jpg

A rainbow of CC:
-3_zps6f953a8e.jpg

Can't wait for everything to be here. That will be a fabulous sight!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_5163_zps9ea6b0fc.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
That was so much fun to look through! Nice presentation, Mrs. Taylor!

But, surely, you didn't think you could get away without giving all the stats on every single piece?! In a clear, organized, labelled,
methodical way, please. (I hope you don't hate me!)

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
It would be good to know those things, wouldn't it? Hmmmm.

Let's see....
The Tahitians are 10-11.5mm, silver with peacock overtones, AA+, 18 inches with a gold laserball clasp.
The purple metallics are tropical/character pearls with slight wrinkly surfaces. They're graduated, 10.7-9.4mm, AA, 17.5 inches.
The "onions" are pale golden rainbow ripples, 12.9x15.3mm, AAA, 19 inches
The peachy pink drop rope is 12x8mm, AAA, excellent luster, 60 inches
The "hedgies" are drusy pearls in pink, cream and peach, 13.5x11.4mm, AAA, 23.25 inches
The rosebud keshis are multicolored-metallic pink, white, purple, they are about 12x8mm, AAA and around 27 inches
The round golden peach metallics are I believe 9-8.2mm, AA+ and 18 inches
The white akoyas are 6-6.5mm, AAA and 36 inches

I have no idea on most of the bracelets.
The high luster peachy pink drip is 11x7mm, AAA and 7.75 inches
The drusy is a pink, cream, peach, 9-8mm,AAA and 8 inches.

I think that's all that's in the photo!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Ah, perfect time to ask a question I've been having -- what are "character pearls" precisely? I can't tell if it refers to a prominent characteristic, or a "flaw" that some people may like or prefer such as baroque shapes, or rings, or wrinkled skins...?

Thanks for the stats. They confirm that I think I like a larger mm size in Kasumi-like pearls.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1374346083|3486864 said:
Ah, perfect time to ask a question I've been having -- what are "character pearls" precisely? I can't tell if it refers to a prominent characteristic, or a "flaw" that some people may like or prefer such as baroque shapes, or rings, or wrinkled skins...?

Thanks for the stats. They confirm that I think I like a larger mm size in Kasumi-like pearls.
I see the "character pearls" term used by Catherine Cardellini to mean pearls with lots of blemishes, but still interesting and beautiful in other ways.

One result is that it is a wonderful way to wear beautiful pearls on a budget.

http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=search&keywords=2031

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Yes. They are generally flawed in some way. The often have wrinkles, which is what draws me to them. They shimmer rather than shine. I love that. The one I have has a few minor flaw, but you have to really look to see them. They have a lovely metallic finish and between that and the wrinkles all you really see is an ethereal glow.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful collection! I have my fingers crossed that your new pearls will arrive on Monday :wavey: Looking forward to the pics!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What an absolutely glorious collection!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think your CC rainbow should be your profle pic... just sayin'. :rolleyes:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
jenncent|1374374721|3487043 said:
I think your CC rainbow should be your profle pic... just sayin'. :rolleyes:

HA! I wish. :rolleyes:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
mrs. taylor|1374346990|3486872 said:
Yes. They are generally flawed in some way. The often have wrinkles, which is what draws me to them. They shimmer rather than shine. I love that. The one I have has a few minor flaw, but you have to really look to see them. They have a lovely metallic finish and between that and the wrinkles all you really see is an ethereal glow.

Bsomlo,
These are the pearls that started my obsession. These are all characters pearls with the exception of the center fireball and the cornflake keshis.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/catherine-cardellini-pearls-for-gailey.127851/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/catherine-cardellini-pearls-for-gailey.127851/[/URL]

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. Taylor - I have been drooling over your incredible bracelet collection for some time now. Are most of them from CC? Or another source? I've been trying to avoid temptation but my wrist needs some stacking pearl bracelets!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

Love these photos!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebloom|1374428671|3487296 said:
Mrs. Taylor - I have been drooling over your incredible bracelet collection for some time now. Are most of them from CC? Or another source? I've been trying to avoid temptation but my wrist needs some stacking pearl bracelets!

I have others, but these pictured are all CC. 2 are on powerpro with clasps, the bigger and more lustrous of the pinky peach drops and the drusy bracelet.

The rest are on elastic so they can be worn together and kind of form a cuff.

I love the elastics so very much, but am glad that I had the two that were part of matching sets go on powerpro.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Thank you kindly! Now I know what to ask for on my birthday (still months away but best to be prepared right?).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results