shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling pictures of drop pearl earrings to compare findings:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! While I'm waiting for my stalled necklace/earring sets from CC (insert sad/frustrated emoticon) I am planning on getting two pairs of drop pearl earrings from PP. Since I am third on the wait-list (yay!) for the metallic drops I want to consider settings other than what they will automatically come with -- even if I opt for that, I want to consider alternatives.

If you would be willing to post pictures of your drop pearl earrings (all types of pearls invited!) it would give me a chance to consider various findings. I would appreciate it and I am sure everyone on the forum would enjoy the pictures! It would also be a good reference for people considering which findings to use in the future. If someone has posted your finding, go ahead and post yours, too! It'll be helpful to see the same setting with different sizes/shapes/types/colors of pearls.

Thanks in advance, my pearlie friends!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Calling pictures of drop pearl earrings to compare findi

Here ya go, Bsomlo!

Tahitian baroques in 14 kt yellow gold Romantic dangles from PP

dsc_72.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Those very earrings are what came to my mind! That setting is definitely a contender.

Thanks for posting it here so we can gather drop settings in one spot. We are off to a beautiful start.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another one that I love is PP's "blossom collection" dangle. 4Ranch Girl has her freshwater metallic drops set in it (last page of her "Thought I'd share" thread) and another PSer has golden south seas set in it...

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Baby nurse already posted my all time favorite setting but I am going to still post mine to show it looks so different with each type of pearl.

barearrrings.jpg

dscf8909_0.jpg

cynthia11.jpg

photo_pearls_2.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

The blossom setting from PP. I find I do not reach for these beautiful pearls as often because they do not have the movement like the Romance setting does. But I still love them and wear them when I wear the matching pendent.

I till have 3 or maybe 4 others not posted in the romance setting (cherry T's + others) and more with out the diamond not sure of the name.

imagema29356640-0003.jpeg

_7930.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, that setting does look different with another set of pearls! Just lovely, 4Ranch Girl :love: !

OK, here are Mynattk's SSs in the Blossom setting that I love. I hope it's ok to post your fabulous earrings, Mynattk!

mynattk_ss_dangles.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

Here is a photo of my Tahitians in the PP Classic setting in white gold. These are the perfect everyday earrings for me, as a SAHM I have a very casual lifestyle.

screen_shot_2013-07-11_at_10_2.png

I am having my new SoC pearls set in the Romantic setting. I still would like to get something set in the Blossom setting...any excuse to buy more pearls :naughty:

I look forward to seeing your new drops as well as your CC pearls! Have you had any luck locating the CC pearls?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

4 ranch girl, that is very helpful information! I love the look of the blossom setting, but movement is important to me.

Litgeek, the CC pearls supposedly left the sort facility 3 miles from my home June 30th. Catherine has started an investigation which may shake them loose from where they're stuck. Apparently, this is unusually bad luck with registered mail...

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

My word! The triple strand with the drop enhancer! :o :love:

LitGeek, you look like a queen!

Everyone's earrings look incredible. It's taking a lot of self-control to not go to PP right now.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

@bsomlo: here you go... ;))

HTH!

img_7374.jpg

img_7369.jpg

img_7367.jpg

img_7368.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

I have a couple of different earring settings from PP and love them both. The silver/blue I purchased at their November sale last year and the white gold snake chain really shimmers and catches the light. I originally bought these to give to my sister for Christmas, but loved them so much I kept them for myself :naughty: In my defense, though, I thought she'd think they were too long for her. ;-)

The fireballs findings were made for me by Hisano. I wanted rose gold and I wanted them to have a little swing to them, so she attached small links together and had them soldered. I don't have an ear shot- if you are interested, let me know and I'll try to take one. These are one of my absolute favorite earrings and I get tons of compliments. They dangle just enough and go with everything!!

blue_pearl_earrings1.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Oops- forgot to attach the fireball picture :roll:

fireball_earrings.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

JaneSmith|1373760344|3482581 said:
LitGeek, you look like a queen!

Why thank you, that was very sweet :wavey:

I really REALLY really love 4ranchgirls blossom setting with the drops ~ they are spectacular! If it were me, I would go with those ;))

pinkjewel I love your fireballs!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, everyone! What great pictures and food for thought!

icy jade -- ah, thanks for the pictures of the threaders!

pink jewel -- hmm, pink gold. The plot thickens... A bit of movement is what I am seeking... I'll never say no to more pictures!

4 ranch girl-- your favorite setting comes in 14K and 18K, "romantic diamond" versus " romance diamond". Do you recommend one over the other?

litgeek-- I also like the blossoms, but apparently the pearl stays static...

Thanks again everyone!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

ok- here you go. Not the best photo, but gives you an idea. =)

fireball_dangles_ear_shot.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

bsomlo I just looked into the 14k romantic vs 18k romantic setting for my new SoC pearls. I confirmed with PP that the gold is the only difference between the settings. I know of several members from another forum that have the 14k and are very pleased with them. I was told that the diamonds are very sparkly :twirl:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

bsomlo|1373811177|3482775 said:
Thanks, everyone! What great pictures and food for thought!

4 ranch girl-- your favorite setting comes in 14K and 18K, "romantic diamond" versus " romance diamond". Do you recommend one over the other?

Thanks again everyone!
I have both and could not tell you which is which with out getting out a magnifying glass.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

4RGirl, thanks for the tip about the blossom setting. I like that setting but it didn't cross my mind that it doesn't swing. I find the dangle earrings more sensual due to the movement. It's too bad the design doesn't allow that due to where the fastening part is.

I think Romantic and Romance settings are the same on PP's website. Probably just choice of word.

Here is Romance http://www.pearlparadise.com/Romance-Diamond-Dangle-Earring-18K-Gold1570.aspx

Here is Romantic. This picture seems to show the diamond bezel to be thicker. But I think it maybe the camera angle. The diamond weight is the same .06 cttw. http://www.pearlparadise.com/Romantic-Collection-Tahitian-Pearl--Diamond-Dangle-Earrings-976.aspx

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

One is 14k the other is 18K.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Well, I started this post because I want to buy a loose pair of drop pearls and have them set so I can wear them with my diamond studs.

In the meantime, the metallic drops I was wait-listed for arrived, as well dark lavender drops I requested.

The metallics I am leaving in the setting Hisano chose for the April sale -- simple shepherd hooks. I chose white gold since I have white drop pearls, non-metallic, in yellow gold.

I am choosing the dark lavenders now. Those are being offered in the classic dangle.

I am considering upgrading to romance dangles, but don't want to detract (with the tiny diamond) from the lovely points on the pearls. And I don't know whether to go with yellow or white gold. My lavender triple strand has a yellow gold clasp which I regretted until recently. Now I'm thinking I like the warmth of the yellow gold. Thoughts on setting for the dark lavender drops and gold color?

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

I usually go with white gold for cool tones and yellow gold for warm tones. My Kamoka studs have yellow gold backs (I regretted this later) and my new blue green tahitians were made up with white gold and I wear them together. I don't think it really matters because the clasp is in the back. I say if you love the white then go for the white. As for the diamonds, I think it depends on your lifestyle. I am a SAHM with a fairly casual lifestyle, so I love the classic setting because I can wear them with anything in my closet from cut-off shorts and flip-flops to a more dressed up outfit. I am ordering the romantic setting for my SoC pearls, but I plan on wearing them with dressier outfits.

Luck you on grabbing those metallic white drops! I am sure you will get tons of wear from them. If it were me, I would be grabbing a pendant too :naughty:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Um, did...

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

bsomlo|1374160261|3485516 said:
Um, did...

:appl: :appl: Yay :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results