shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My reset - solitaire to halo

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you say the golds don't match, but boy oh boy do those 2 rings looks nice together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'd wear em together. People are wearing rose with yellow etc. I'm biased b/c I wear more than one YG color together. Personally I don't think they have to match - I think I'm gonna cry....... whaaaaa

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a transformation! Love it!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I totally agree with motownmama! I think they look great together. Love the transformation. Very very cool! :appl:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I'll try wearing them together again and see if it grows on me. I'm also wondering if a thin pave band between the two will make it gel more for me and break up the wall of gold. Which I thought I wanted, but now am questioning.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
lorrissey|1374072694|3484697 said:
I'll try wearing them together again and see if it grows on me. I'm also wondering if a thin pave band between the two will make it gel more for me and break up the wall of gold. Which I thought I wanted, but now am questioning.

YES!!!! (ANd i actually like the bands together as well....)

I had the same thing happen on my original e-ring set in reverse. Pave shank with pave bands and it was all pave all the time and needed to be broken up with some smooth metal (like channel set bezel set).

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow. Wow, wow, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never EVER seen a setting like this before!! Stunning!! :love: :appl:

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza. I absolutely love this!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHOA!! What a cool ring! It's very unique and I love the rich gold!! Awesome. :bigsmile:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning! The gold, the princess set on its point, the profile, and that gorgeous halo. It has to be my favorite princess halo ever.
Congratulations!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Outstanding Lorissey :appl: :appl: I'm a fellow DK fan!! Looks just beautiful on your finger, I don't know how your mom is got going to want to 'borrow' that ring!

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
WOW!! What amazing vision, to come up with that! Looks fantastic :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe thin-thin-thin-thin rose gold band. I think a pave band would be too much, but try one on and post a pic

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh that ring is darling! you wear it well, and I really love the matt finish :appl:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I love your reset! It is just exquisite!!

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
I love, love, love yellow gold! It is an incredible transformation, and it looks perfect on you!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am soooo loving the yellow gold! It's gorgeous. It works perfectly with the detail of the halo. Well done! :appl: :appl:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I can't believe it !!!!

I am firmly in the Dislike-Princess-Cut-Camp......
but THIS remake has me seriously reconsidering......

Geez, you've got EVERYTHING.....
unique and amazing setting....
sparkly stone....
awesome finger coverage...
tasty metal color....
it COULDN'T POSSIBLY look any better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

and I agree about David Klass, he is amazing :sun:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, it's fabulous! I love everything about it and especially love the two rings together! :love:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to everyone for your lovely compliments!! It means a lot to me coming from you all here that have excellent taste.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Quite beautiful!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
As a not huge princess lover, I must admit Your ring is marvelous :appl: .

joolsiepetunia

Shiny_Rock
Trade
So lovely Lorrissey :) I can't wait to see how you decide to stack it!

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
This is so unique! A beautiful job and ring :appl:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I don't know how I missed this- it is a gorgeous remake!! I am wondering, though, how do you clean the diamond in it? It looks like there is not an opening beneath it. I really love Megan Thorne's rings- but I've wondered the same thing about some of her styles as well.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must have missed this too! How do you go from sharp, angular stone to beautiful, fluid setting with a princess stone? Well, it's just been done!

The tone of the yellow gold is scrumptious and the ring fabulous! Congrats on this reset!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1376826754|3505213 said:
I don't know how I missed this- it is a gorgeous remake!! I am wondering, though, how do you clean the diamond in it? It looks like there is not an opening beneath it. I really love Megan Thorne's rings- but I've wondered the same thing about some of her styles as well.

I'll have to post another photo of the underside. The original MT is closed off, but I was worried about cleaning too, so I had DK add a small hole underneath.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1376847529|3505415 said:
I must have missed this too! How do you go from sharp, angular stone to beautiful, fluid setting with a princess stone? Well, it's just been done!

The tone of the yellow gold is scrumptious and the ring fabulous! Congrats on this reset!

Thank you!!

and yes, the sharp, angular thing was something I struggled with. and on the original MT ring, the halo is much sharper, but I had DK make this one more rounded and flowery and the halo is angled so it's not so flat top looking. All small changes, but I think it makes a world of difference.

and to also add an update re: the gold color difference. I got over it. haha. I still wouldn't mind maybe another blingier stacker to go with it and/or to switch out with the plain band, but I haven't decided on style yet. Will keep you posted.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
lorrissey|1376928680|3505978 said:

I'll have to post another photo of the underside. The original MT is closed off, but I was worried about cleaning too, so I had DK add a small hole underneath.

thanks for the clarification- maybe MT could learn something from your remake-haha!! Anyway, I'd love to see a photo of the underside when you have a chance. =)

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
What a unique, beautiful reset! I have never seen anything like it before and I love that!

The diamond looks completely different and much better, in my opinion. It is amazing how much a setting affects the appearance of a diamond.

Congratulations! Enjoy your new beautiful ring! :appl:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1376930839|3506015 said:
lorrissey|1376928680|3505978 said:

thanks for the clarification- maybe MT could learn something from your remake-haha!! Anyway, I'd love to see a photo of the underside when you have a chance. =)

For pinkjewel, here is the underside.

photo_2_4.jpg
photo_1_1.jpg

The computer monitor / cell phone made the pics come out out "blue"-y. Sorry about that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results