shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Vintage Charm - Used to light up

Karen Gannon

Rough_Rock
Hi. Every once in a while I resume my search for someone who can refer me to someone who may be able to repair a charm that belonged to my mother. It is a little house that has a push button on the bottom. In better times, before MY irresponsible goldsmith stuck it into an ultrasonic, it used to light up. It is marked Litacharm Inc, and engraved with the date 1963. If any one knows of anyone who can help I would be so very grateful!!! I also suspect it wasn't just a battery, there was a filament bulb of some kind. Thank you!!!!

undertheseavintage

Rough_Rock
Trade
Litacharms, made from the late 1950′s to the early 60′s, are rare as hen’s teeth, since the novelty soon wore off and the expense to purchase was prohibitive. They light up by attaching watch batteries to the little lights used in model trains, and come in a wide variety of hollow items. These charms work on a small watch or hearing aid battery, and the lights can be replaced with small wattage lights from a train model. So, to have it fixed, I find someone who makes very elaborate train models, with all the working lights! Go to a really good hobby shop..and ask if they know someone like that!

Cheers,
Gay W.
Under the Sea @ Ruby Lane

P.S. - I have a litacharm that is a Christmas tree!

CAROL FOSTER

Rough_Rock
Litacharms, made from the late 1950′s to the early 60′s, are rare as hen’s teeth, since the novelty soon wore off and the expense to purchase was prohibitive. They light up by attaching watch batteries to the little lights used in model trains, and come in a wide variety of hollow items. These charms work on a small watch or hearing aid battery, and the lights can be replaced with small wattage lights from a train model. So, to have it fixed, I find someone who makes very elaborate train models, with all the working lights! Go to a really good hobby shop..and ask if they know someone like that!

Cheers,
Gay W.
Under the Sea @ Ruby Lane

P.S. - I have a litacharm that is a Christmas tree!
Hello,
If you are ever interested in selling your Christmas tree charm, let me know. My father bought one for my mother and me, when i was a little girl. I now have a daughter and would love to share the magic with her. Thank you.
Carol R.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results