shape
carat
color
clarity

Colour Graduated Long Baroque Tahitians from Andy Müller

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So I went to the Singapore International Jewelry Expo (SIJE) 2013 and ended up buying more (or rather, spending way more) than I expected... see I only thought to go and get some earrings or perhaps a double strand of akoya pearl necklace.

As fate would have it, I stumbled across the Andy Müller/HINATA Trading booth that was tended by the lovely couple Mr Alex Müller and Mrs Momoko Müller.
[Pics of them here if anyone is interested, but Alex does look better IRL - his eyes are too wide in the photo: http://www.cadeauxjewelry.com/2013/eye-of-the-panther-by-cadeaux-jewelry/ ]

I was just looking for a longish strand of peacock drops, but when Alex took this lovely strand out and after I tried it on, I was captivated...

Here is it in the expo:

Well, basically after this strand all the other pearls/gems/jade pieces that I saw lost their lustre to me if you know what I mean... thankfully hubby was very encouraging and the strand is now mine! A few quick shots from home (iPhone cam) before I go out for dinner.

img_7270.jpg

img_7281.jpg

img_7278.jpg

img_7279.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hmm... not all the lovely shades are apparent from the photo but there is peacock, pink, intense blue, violet, etc.

Some not so great neck shots...

Took this while waiting for my hubby outside the convention centre:

And this in the shopping centre when I finally settled down and went for an extremely late lunch:

Unfortunately none of the vendors at the show had the tahitian drops that I wanted for earrings (they had, but not in intense colours), nor big blue baroque akoya pearls for drop earrings. And hardly any decent quality FWPs too. But then again I did spend waaaaaay more than I'd expected. Nevertheless, really glad that I went to the SIJE as I finally had the chance to have a look at different colours and combinations of SSP, tahitians and akoyas, and confirmed that indeed pinked white akoyas and golden SSPs are not for me. As for tahitians, not all styles/colours suited me too. I also had the chance to ogle the most gorgeous diamonds and other gems and precious stones. Guess was a fruitful trip. Told my hubby that I'll be attending more of such shows/fairs going forward cos the pearls/gems on offer are TDF... :bigsmile:

img_7275.jpg

img_7277.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
That is one gorgeous strand. No wonder all the rest lost their lustre or did not catch your attention after that one. I really like the graduation. It's hard to find such style IRL or from online. I've seen it on Mana Pearl's website though. So it is about 32"? It really belongs on your neck. Thanks for the beautiful neck shots.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! And your necklace is stunning :twirl: The lustre and colors are so beautiful. I hope you reach for it often and get many years of enjoyment from it.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@HHPmom: It's actually 94.5 cm (37.25"). I'm 5'7" so yeah, I tend to need bigger and longer strands... :oops: Btw the pearls are 10-11 mm. I have seen the shorter colour graduated strands on Mana Pearl's site too, and those are gorgeous. Alex mentioned that they (Andy Müller) are pearl distributors so they have the scale to do such colour graduated strands. They actually had a few strands to pick from at the expo. Plus a really nice strand of drop peacock (120 cm) that I was initially eyeing until I realised that it can't loop 3x around my fat neck. Sigh. Anyway, they didn't leave my neck today! I wore them for dinner at my sister's place. :lol:

P.S. I did see one other gorgeous 16" strand with the most intense colours at another booth, but that was after I bought this strand and anyway I do prefer my longer strand. Which brings me to the realisation that I need to visit such jewellery shows more often if I wanna be able to buy my jewellery IRL vs online. So much easier when you can try the stuff on.

@LitGeek: Thanks! Think I will enjoy this strand a lot. It's got all the different colours so I don't have to worry about colour matching to outfits I think. :D

Here's another shot that shows the graduation better - forgot to attach it earlier:

img_7289.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
That is a SPECTACULAR necklace! Wear it in good health!!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! Just look at those lovely colors on your latest photo :appl: :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :appl: love love this strand!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
wow, it looks amazing on you. I love it worn as a single strand like that-I would be looking at it all day!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind comments! Still figuring out the best way to wear this strand (long or short - but long is more comfy I think). And what top to wear tomorrow to go with this - long necklaces don't go with all tops, do they? :cheeky:
Any suggestions from experienced pearl lovers/wearers? Came across this guidance on Pinterest, any of you ladies think it's a good ref?

OMG feel like such a vain pot.

But now I really need a nice pair tahitian drops to go with this... or maybe I should have gotten the peacock studs that I'd spotted at the expo? BUT... I am soooo broke. Gotta control myself. This is like the 5th pearly item that I've bought in the past 3 months. I need to join pearl-holics anonymous soon! [Am still busy looking at online stores tho, sigh, incorrigible or what...] :roll:

choosing_necklines.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty strand. Love the color gradation and the luster :love: .

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love this!!! I have never seen a graduated strand like this (still a pearl newbie) and now I've got yet another item for my must have list. It looks gorgeous both ways but I especially love it doubled. So sophisticated.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Tahitian strand. Love the pearls, the graduation, the colors, and the length.

It does make a difference which necklines you wear with which necklaces. Over the years I have graduated to V-neck tops because I tended to wear lots of pendants. I sometimes wear a long pearl pendant along with a short pearl pendant with my v-neck. I wear my double strand of goldens from PP with a scoop top as shown in your diagram, and I think that you can wear long strands with turtlenecks, crew necks as well as boat necks. I like to keep my tops simple, without additional ruffles. I think that shorter pearl strands look great with collars as shown.

naria

Shiny_Rock
Super pretty strand. Also, thanks for sharing that helpful chart. I always struggle with how to pair my jewelry with my clothes.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous! WOW! Versatile to be sure! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing colour graduation... and so versatile with the extra long length. They look beautiful (all colours!) against your neck and skin tone!

I think you DO need those earrings... you better keep online shopping - you don't want to miss out on "THE PERFECT PAIR"... :wink2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I do love how this strand shows the wide range of tahitian pearl colors. Plus it now serves as a useful color ref for future tahitian pearl purchases! :naughty:

Fly Girl|1373228435|3478668 said:
It does make a difference which necklines you wear with which necklaces. Over the years I have graduated to V-neck tops because I tended to wear lots of pendants. I sometimes wear a long pearl pendant along with a short pearl pendant with my v-neck. I wear my double strand of goldens from PP with a scoop top as shown in your diagram, and I think that you can wear long strands with turtlenecks, crew necks as well as boat necks. I like to keep my tops simple, without additional ruffles. I think that shorter pearl strands look great with collars as shown.

Thanks for your tips! Right now I have loads of V necks cos they are quite flattering for my body shape... hmm... turtle necks are a bit too warm for tropical weather. Think I should try boat necks, don't have any...

@ Enerchi: Am looking for a 'perfect' pair of peacock tahitian drops! But yeah, maybe I should have gotten those nice peacock studs at the SIJE... :(sad

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Icy Jade, Like others have said the color graduation on that strand is amazing! Great find and so versatile with all those colors,
love it :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my that is one very special necklace :appl: :appl: :appl: I think this is one you will reach for many times over. Enjoy your new beauty.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks 4Ranch Girl, artdecogirl and all again! Btw Andy Muller do have more strands so if you want then you know where to go. ;-)

Also wanna share some other beauties that I'd spotted (and was tempted by) at the SIJE:

1. Faceted pearls
I actually saw one that looked like this:

Stunning. I didn't think that I'll like faceted pearls, but after seeing one IRL, think I'm adding a nice faceted peacock tahitian pendant, earrings or ring on my 'lust' list. The rep at the booth explained that they have to use good quality pearls else the blemishes are pretty obvious (and he showed me some examples). So contrary to what I thought, it's not that they use poor quality pearls to 'beautify' (and hence the high pricing). Also between the different pearl types, I think the peacock tahitians looks the most gorgeous after cutting/faceting. Really an unusual beauty.

http://www.facetedpearl.com/facetedpearl-e.html

2. Ginormous tahitian peacock drop pendants
I am attracted to the industrial-ish setting:

From Andy Muller. They had a few of these ginormous 17-18mm tahitians at their booth.

There were also the usual akoyas, tahitians, SSPs, etc. But nothing else that I thought was unusual. Oh and since it was the 1st time I saw so many tahitian strands at one go I was quite fascinated by them. :cheeky:

_7835.jpg

alex_muller_pendants.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
now *THOSE* are cool necklaces and pendants!! WOW - I love the industrial look of the chains juxtaposed with the elegance and delicacy of the large pearl drops.... VERY cool!!! I'd pick the 2nd from the right - the double pearl pendant :lickout:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1373289811|3478977 said:
now *THOSE* are cool necklaces and pendants!! WOW - I love the industrial look of the chains juxtaposed with the elegance and delicacy of the large pearl drops.... VERY cool!!! I'd pick the 2nd from the right - the double pearl pendant :lickout:

If you like a double... would you prefer a triple? :devil:

Or perhaps in 'technicolor'?

Their pendants are so full of character. :love:
Wish I can go to Kobe and visit their vault... must be eye-popping.

andy_muller_triple_pendant_2.jpg

andy_muller_triple_pendant.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowwee, gorgeous design. TDF :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Icy_jade!!! STOP IT!!! Those triples are killing me!!! Sign me up for the technicolor one on the bronze mesh chain!! HOLY C :love: W!!!

thump thump thump... the sound of my heart beating faster!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1373300314|3479081 said:
Icy_jade!!! STOP IT!!! Those triples are killing me!!! Sign me up for the technicolor one on the bronze mesh chain!! HOLY C :love: W!!!

thump thump thump... the sound of my heart beating faster!!

Sigh, I understand. Imagine walking away from these beauties in real life. Sigh.

Just FYI re: the pendant collection...
ANDY MULLER believes in bringing out the best, the true beauty of exquisite pearls through a simple yet elegant jewelry design that is suitable for everyday use.

South-Sea pearls selected by ANDY MULLER for the exclusive Elegance creations range from 15 to 17mm in diameter and represent the rarest and most beautiful cultured South-Sea pearls from Tahiti and some other regions.

ANDY MULLER selects cultured South-Sea pearls that are of natural color only. The pearls are mounted on high quality steel necklaces that are also available with brown, black, gold or blue PVD coating. The necklaces have a standard thickness of 5.1 mm and are available in lengths of 41 cm, 44 cm, or 47 cm.

Mmm... I think I want a 47 cm. Give me a triple pls! Or a ginormous single. Mmm...

Oh ya, and more from the brochure I got from them at the fair...

If you read my other thread re: projects you may have seen the mixed tahitian/SSP strand that I thought I wanted. But after seeing this and trying on my 90 cm, I do think a 90 cm would be better, right? :???:

Or how about this interesting design?

Think I'm gonna stalk them online and see if they will appear at another local jewellery show... 8-) :roll: :lol:

tahiti_mix_90_cm.jpg

tahiti_120_cm.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that 90cm is amazing. There are lots of pretty things on his site. Do they only sell at shows?

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade, you have no idea what you are doing to me right now!! Please tell me we can buy some of these amazing pieces somewhere???

Your necklace is just gorgeous. You will get a lot of wear out of it!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1373307611|3479173 said:
Yes, that 90cm is amazing. There are lots of pretty things on his site. Do they only sell at shows?

I think they have stores/dealers but not in my country:

KOBE401 Shanti Bldg. 1-23-16 Nakayamate-dori Chuo-ku, Kobe 650-0004
Tel:078-222-2209

Cadeaux Jewelry BangkokThe Peninsula Plaza, 153 Ratchadamri Road, Lumpini, Pathum Wan,
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel:+66 2 652 1909

http://www.andymuller.com/

Spoke briefly to them and think they are really more a B2B/pearl distributors... so for me I think going to the jewellery shows would be the most convenient, even if I have to wait a year between each one. Managed to find some pics of the Kobe store online and they do have the most interesting stuff!

misskittycat|1373326013|3479363 said:
icy_jade, you have no idea what you are doing to me right now!! Please tell me we can buy some of these amazing pieces somewhere???

Your necklace is just gorgeous. You will get a lot of wear out of it!

Thanks! Wearing them today! :bigsmile:

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Icy Jade,

Totally fabulous necklace! Perfection on you, and amazing in every way!! :love: :love: :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pattye|1373590207|3481482 said:
Icy Jade,

Totally fabulous necklace! Perfection on you, and amazing in every way!! :love: :love: :love:

Thanks Pattye! =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results