shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a GoG diamond?

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! This is my first post here, but I have been lurking and learning for awhile! I am definitely an antique cut fan and I love all of your photos!

Anyway, I was looking at GoG and there is a stone I am interested in. The thing is, it has a 40.5% depth percentage and a 50.60 table percentage. It is an OEC. Everything I read states that that is pretty bad, but then again, I am having trouble finding info on antique cuts, as I know they are a little different. I figured I might as well go to the experts!

Thoughts? Is that really bad for an OEC? The rest of the stats look good (for me): M, SI1.

Thank you! :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi lisa - I think I would pass on the stone, it's extremely shallow and could have performance issues. It actually doesn't look that bad in the pic, but personally I would just want a OEC with better proportions.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Can you re-verify the depth? That is VERY shallow and it's unusual for an oec to be cut that shallow.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
heraanderson|1372545323|3474475 said:
Can you re-verify the depth? That is VERY shallow and it's unusual for an oec to be cut that shallow.

Hi Hera - I thought maybe the numbers were incorrect too, so I went on the GOG website and found the diamond, and those are the numbers listed. The depth is 2.76 mm.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, then I would definitely pass.

Lisa, If you want to join the 7-8 mm group on facebook or start a wtb on loupe troop, we can see if we can help you find something.

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much! I appreciate you being so kind to a newbie with a silly question :) I definitely passed on it and I am just kind of browsing around. So much inspiration here! :)

rochelle

Rough_Rock
What are more ideal table and depth percentages? TIA!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results