shape
carat
color
clarity

Tips for asking her parents/father's blessing?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jmarshall|1373326031|3479364 said:
I did ask this afternoon, it went exceptionally well, they were thrilled. Told me that they couldn't ask for a better son in law, or more importantly, a better husband for their daughter. Told me that I absolutely had their not only their blessing, but their encouragement.... Told me that when they knew I wanted to talk, they figured it would either be that I had her knocked up or wanted to marry her.... But when they knew it was just me coming over that it was the latter. :lol:

YAY!!! How sweet!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did ask this afternoon, it went exceptionally well, they were thrilled. Told me that they couldn't ask for a better son in law, or more importantly, a better husband for their daughter. Told me that I absolutely had their not only their blessing, but their encouragement.... Told me that when they knew I wanted to talk, they figured it would either be that I had her knocked up or wanted to marry her.... But when they knew it was just me coming over that it was the latter. :lol:

:appl: I would have expected it to go just that way, J! You didn't give away when did you? ;))

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1373341363|3479482 said:

:appl: I would have expected it to go just that way, J! You didn't give away when did you? ;))

I tried not to, but they immediately knew that that is when I would want to do it, and I'm not a good enough liar to convince them otherwise. :twirl:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hey! Congrats. Sounds like it went how you'd hoped? Don't worry about not being a good enough liar - as the mother of a daughter, I'm pretty sure that's not on their list of stuff they'd love to see in her future spouse... ;)) Happy for you - so, are you going to share details of the proposal?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited for you, J!!! Please don't go away after you propose! Let us know how it goes, and pictures pictures pictures!! :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad it went so well. When are you proposing? Tonight right?? It's never too soon ;)) We want details! Oh, and we want her to enjoy every second of being engaged. Its a lovely time in one's life.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: Okay, okay! I'll trust that they will act normal around her so that they won't give it away!

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
Jennifer, Madelise, and Dreamer - proposing in 1.5 weeks, going on vacation to her favorite vacation spot since she was a child. She has gone there every summer since birth. Proposing on the beach after a romantic dinner at the nicest place in town. Her parents and Brother and sister in law will be on vacation with us (but not at dinner obviously)... My sister will be at another place around half an hour away, so she will be able to come celebrate with us as well.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That sounds like a really wonderful proposal. I hope you both have a wonderful evening. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results