shape
carat
color
clarity

More awesomeness from Daniel M!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
I bought a couple of rubies from SB621 a while back with the intention of turning them into pendants, one for me and one for my mom. The ruby is my son and my mom's birthstone, so I knew it would be special to both of us. Since the rubies themselves were relatively inexpensive, I didn't want to do anything too expensive for the pendant. WF does not do custom work unless you buy one of their stones and BGD quoted me a shockingly high price for what I was looking for. So after more research here and elsewhere I contacted Daniel M and was not disappointed. I sent a couple of inspiration photos I found on the web and was also inspired by the pendant that Tara3056 had made for her mom. Their communication was amazing and the finished piece was all I has asked for and more. These photos are from the yellow gold pendant which I gave to my mom and the white gold piece (mine!) should be finished soon. Just wanted to share - this is the first custom work I've had done and I'm in love! Photos are courtesy of Daniel M. The pendant fixed on a 16' chain.

finalygpendant1.jpg

finalygpendant2.jpg

finalygpendant3.jpg

finalygpendant4.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, looks great! I love the scroll backing.

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL! I'm saving this to my inspiration folder =) Can't wait to see yours next! Congrats!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. I'm sure your mom will love it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it 14k or 18k? It looks so....yellow. :bigsmile: Lovely classy design that looks very easy to wear for all occasions.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Looks great!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
That is so beautiful! I've been thinking of buying a nice sized topaz with a similar pendant in mine. Will definitely have to contact him when it comes time to do that!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, that's terrific! The ruby looks so good with the yg. I love the milgrain on the sides. Look forward to seeing your wg one.

--- Laurie

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
part gypsy|1373387570|3479701 said:
Wow, looks great! I love the scroll backing.

Thanks! The original CAD had more of a 'web' type backing and all I could think of was a spider when I saw it. With the red stone peeking through it looked even more like a spider - eek! So when Dan came up with this backing I was extra-pleased :appl:

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
jbkhere|1373388111|3479709 said:
BEAUTIFUL! I'm saving this to my inspiration folder =) Can't wait to see yours next! Congrats!

Thanks! I would love to see what others create based on inspiration from this piece!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I actually gave it to her last weekend and she hasn't taken it off yet!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Chrono|1373388701|3479716 said:
Is it 14k or 18k? It looks so....yellow. :bigsmile: Lovely classy design that looks very easy to wear for all occasions.

Good question. I'm not sure - I was so excited to give it to her I didn't look closely. I think it's 14K but you are right - it is really yellow and goes great with the red of the ruby. The pendant is substantial but does seem to go with pretty much everything.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
deskjockey|1373390965|3479744 said:
That is so beautiful! I've been thinking of buying a nice sized topaz with a similar pendant in mine. Will definitely have to contact him when it comes time to do that!

I highly recommend Dan and Caren. Just make sure you leave them a lot of time to work with (4-8 weeks if you can). The process can be stressful if you feel rushed. I only allowed 4 weeks b/c that fit the timeframe for my mom's visit and they did great working within the timeframe but I should have had 6-8 weeks in order to let it all come together.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
JewelFreak|1373391064|3479745 said:
Gosh, that's terrific! The ruby looks so good with the yg. I love the milgrain on the sides. Look forward to seeing your wg one.

--- Laurie

Thanks! I'll post it when it's ready. I actually asked Dan to make the miligrain a little bigger on mine becuase I loved it so much :love:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my word! Just gorgeous! I am waiting to find just the right stone to send to Daniel M myself for setting...!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a gorgeous pendant!!! I love the yellow gold with the ruby. :love: Your mom is very lucky to have such a thoughtful daughter. Looking forward to seeing your finished piece...with neck shots I hope. :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nicely done! :love: :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niiiiiiiiice! Really love the backing detail that they added - so romantic in design. What a fantastic daughter you are to gift your mom with such a beautiful pendant!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results