shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire opinions needed please

jewelnme

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I am new to posting on this site though I have been lurking for awhile now. My boyfriend and I both enjoy reading the posts here and have learned a lot from all of you! We have been looking for a sapphire for my engagement ring for a few months now and just purchased one that I think will work well. We are both very happy with it but were hoping we could get a few of your expert opinions before we make the final decision.

The stone was purchased from Gary Braun (who has been amazingly helpful). It is a 3.59 ct round Ceylon sapphire from Sri Lanka, heat treated only. It is a truly gorgeous stone, very sparkly and mostly eye clean (I can see one very small inclusion when I turn it a certain way, but I have to be really looking for it.) I'm including my pictures, as well as a shot of the AGL report. Today is our deadline to decide, so I would very much appreciate any feedback or opinions you could offer. Thank you in advance for your help!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Well, I love the color and the cut and the proportions and the size. In your head on photos it looks a little darkish, but I think that is likely just your camera obstructing head on light. In all I think it is just grand!

jewelnme

Rough_Rock
VapidLapid|1373037959|3477648 said:
Well, I love the color and the cut and the proportions and the size. In your head on photos it looks a little darkish, but I think that is likely just your camera obstructing head on light. In all I think it is just grand!

Yeah, that is my pictures not the sapphire. It has no dark spots. I will try to get a more accurate color shot later today. Thanks so much for your help!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's beautiful! You need to take some shots in bright sunlight so we can admire it some more :) Congrats! Come back and show off the ring! :appl:

JewelPhenom

Rough_Rock
More pictures of it outdoors and in the sunshine are a must!
How will you be setting it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this one will look much better in your hand shots, which I look forward to seeing.

jewelnme

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your replies. Sorry I didn't respond or get more pictures yesterday, it was my daughter's 4th birthday so things got a bit crazy! I will get some more pictures today, including some sunlight and hand shots.

I don't know how it will be set yet. My boyfriend and I have looked at rings to give him an idea of the style I prefer, but we both want it to be a surprise from here on. I'm excited to see how he does it :)

Thanks again for your feedback!

jewelnme

Rough_Rock
I have had a really hard time getting photos that are true to life. I guess I need more experience photographing gems :roll:

These two are the closest I could get atm.

And this one was from Gary's newsletter that featured the stone.

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results