shape
carat
color
clarity

IPHONE 5 users--QUESTION

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
HI PSers! :wavey:

Currently I have the iphone 4 and wondering how the new iphone 5 is? My iphone 4 is giving me issues and the camera isn't the greatest. The pictures look grainy to me and it's time for a new phone. I thought I would ask since there are a ton of users on PS and look forward to the feedback/comments/advice, etc.

Thank you in advance
:D

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I love the 5. It's much faster in terms of processing speed. I notice a huge difference coming from the 4.

Boatluvr

Shiny_Rock
I went from the 3 to the 5 specifically for the camera function. I really love it - much faster and the battery seems to last longer, too.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Any new features on the 5 that the 4 doesn't have? How is that talking/text feature? That is a feature right?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
DiamondsOnly|1372875319|3476746 said:
Any new features on the 5 that the 4 doesn't have? How is that talking/text feature? That is a feature right?

Do you have the 4 or the 4S? If you have the 4, then Siri is the main upgrade. The talk to text thing works okay, I don't use it often. Siri is pretty useful- I can ask her to call my husband or tell me the weather forecast...even ask what a word is in Spanish. And you can mess with her and get her to do some funny stuff.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I have the iphone 4.....I looked at my account the other day because I wasn't sure which one I had. I was quickly reminded it was the 4. I am unhappy with how slow my phone is and the quality of the pictures in HD are fussy/grainy. :(

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love my iphone 5- the dictation feature is extremely useful.
For example, sending a text is far easier when you dictate.
I've even started to use it to handle emails using dictation
Siri? Not so much.
But sometimes it's useful.
It will read you a text message.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The camera on the 4 is really bad. My DH has the 4 and I decided to get the 4S because I wanted a good camera and there is a dramatic difference in quality between the two. We just went on vacation and all the pictures my husband took are blurry and mine look crisp. When I went to upgrade, the 5 was just about to come out and if I remember correctly, the camera on the 5 is the same as the 4S. The 5 was slightly bigger and thinner and was about $100 more than the 4S on my upgrade plan.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am holding out for the 5S. I have deliberately skipped the 5 because I am hoping it won't be much longer of a wait.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the 5!!! I do dictate texts occasionally and I sometimes use Siri to ask where something is or what movies are playing, etc.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the 3 and now I have the 5. I love the 5. I wanted a white phone was the primary reason I got the upgrade but I like the LTE on it; download speeds are a lot quicker. I like using Siri for quick text replies. I don't regret getting the upgrade.

ETA: The camera is a lot better too.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the panoramic photo on the 5.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I love the 5! The camera is awesome and it's such a fast phone. No lag like I had on the 4S.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One warning about the 5 - the screen is incredibly sensitive. I carried the 4 for two years without putting a scratch on it. The 5? Two days, numerous big scratches, and the two days until my screen protector arrived while I was babying it, more little ones appeared. And whatever you do, don't get iDrops! They'll just make it worse..

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Is there another way to shut off your iphone besides the lock button on the top? The button on mine is broken and don't know of another way to power off my phone.....

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I dropped my 4S in water so I had to upgrade to the 5. I didn't have any problems with my 4S and would have kept it until my contract was due for an upgrade, but I have really enjoyed the 5. The photography from the 5 is much, much better and so is the speaker. I also think the 5 is faster.

I don't use the dictation much but I did notice that it will text song lyrics if used while the stereo is loud enough. :loopy:

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I use it to dictate too. It is pretty easy. The 5 is the only iPhone I have ever owned but my son has the 4S and compared them. He says the speed is much faster because its 4G and the camera is nicer. You can also use it as a hotspot which is nice. He wants a 5 now of course.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results