shape
carat
color
clarity

Tahitian drops for my diamond earrings

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
So I have been hunting for a pair of Tahitian pearl drops for my diamond earrings for a little while now. I have been close to buying a few pairs but have missed out on a couple of auctions (last minute bidding and toddlers just don't mix) and others I thought were just too expensive. I probably should have just bought the pearls from PP, but I really am being a cheapskate. I really didn't want to spend more than $130 on them as I have already spent so much on the earrings in the first place and I'm not sure I will get that much wear out of them to warrant a huge investment.

This morning I stumbled across these ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330949242509?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

They ticked pretty much all my boxes - slight drop baroque, not too dark (more silver), a little bit of peacock in the overtone, slightly ringed but not overly (these were just too ringed for my liking: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-PIECE-GIGANTIC-NATURAL-COLOR-TAHITIAN-CULTURED-PEARLS-NR-/350826127047?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51aedddec7 even though I loved the colour and I did stalk them for quite a while)... The only hesitation is that they are a little different, but I think for earrings they should be okay. They are half drilling them for me so hopefully the findings should be cheaper this time. These came in a little iver my budget, but shipping was free and I really do like them...

So hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be able to share real life pictures!

_t2ec16d___ce9s4pu_ibbr0pz-so5g__60_12.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Your new drops are beautiful :appl: :appl: I really like their silvery color and their shape is lovely. My new tahitian dangles from PP are a slightly different shape. I think it adds to their authenticity...after all, they were formed in nature and not in a factory. I can't wait to see your finished earrings. I am sure they will be gorgeous!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
misskittycat -- I really like the pair you chose. How are you going to have them attach to your diamond earrings? Do you want them to have some swing, or stay fixed? I am going to be trying to find drop pearls to attach to my diamond studs soon and any information is helpful.

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished product!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I just went back to this post after admiring your tahitians on the what are you wearing thread. I noticed you had diamond studs on in the photo. Will these drops be worn on those studs with that necklace? If so. they will be amazingly beautiful together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results