shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a BlackBerry Q10 or Z10?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Need a new phone, and love the idea of a phone with a physical keyboard (like on my BB Bold).

I was going to pull the trigger on it but I am hesitating...

I know there aren't as many apps for the BlackBerry - but that I don't care too much about. I'm not too much of an app person BUT I do want some basic things to work really great, like Internet and Navigation...

and browsing the Internet on my Bold s*cks...and I know I'd be going to 4G LTE which should help...and the screen is a bit larger...

I had also heard that the Maps navigation is pretty bad too...although it seems that was for the older BB and that the one now is OK.

So anyway if any of you have one of these phones I'd love to get your opinion on it in general, but more specifically too the Internet and Maps...

ETA: (BTW I did try out an iPhone and didn't like it...I felt like I didn't have enough control/customization of certain things...)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Blackberry Q10 is horrible. I had one for exactly one day and exchanged it for a Samsung S4, which I love. Previously, I had the Blackberry Curve, which I liked, but it lacked a lot of features. I would avoid the Blackberry completely. ETA: the Samsung uses Google maps, as it is a Google phone. Don't know if you're even looking at Samsung, but the S4 is great. The OS on the Q10 was clunky and scrolling was very hit or miss.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lyra.

I like my Bold too, but it really does feel like it's lacking in features.

DH has an S4 and he really likes it...my only hesitation with that is that the phone looks so...BIG. Then again, everyone seems to be carrying an S4, so pretty soon maybe that size will feel normal! The "swiping" on the S4 seems hit or miss too...do you find that at all, or no?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad I gave the S4 a chance. I didn't think I'd get the hang of it at all. I have dry fingers, which tends to make touch phones very frustrating. The S4 hasn't given me a problem, but my DH's iphone is the opposite. I also love the predictive text dictionary that doesn't complete a word for you, but offers up suggestions (very accurate assumptions) on what you are typing, and what the next word might be. So convenient. You don't even have to be that close to typing in the right word, which is helpful for me.

I've had no issues with scrolling at all. Yes, it's definitely bigger, but all the better to see the apps with, and not select the wrong thing easily. Well, to be honest, at first it seemed like a single touch could do 50 wrong things at once, but I learned how to either avoid doing that, or how to fix it with one touch. I get a little dropsy sometimes and while grabbing the phone with both hands and 8 fingers I can do a lot of stuff in 2 seconds. ;))

I wasn't sure if I could ever get the hang of a touch phone, but I did. It's almost a miracle. I'm sure I could have done the iphone eventually too, but even my husband wants to switch after playing with our phones. I'm on the cheapest plan because I'm only a basic user. My two daughters use theirs for everything.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results