shape
carat
color
clarity

argan oil (for hair, skin)

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Anyone use Argan oil on their hair or skin? How do you like it? Which ones do you like or not like? I've had slightly frizzy hair lately due to the weather and I've heard it's good for that.

Thanks.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My best friend has very, very, very curly hair - like, she could 'lock it without any issues if she wanted - and she swears by it ... but given what it costs, she says olive oil is actually just as good.

I have baby-fine hair with a little wave, and argan oil seems to do about the same as the Aveda no-frizz stuff I usually buy (which is to say, it's a great leave-in product for gloss, but it does nothing for flyaways). Didn't know you could use it for skin, though, so I'll look forward to hearing what other people have to say about that!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I use it for skin, and it's quite amazing, as far as I can see so far. I massage it on, then wash off with a hot microfibre face cloth (like oil cleansing method, I think). It's doing fabulous things for my skin so far.

It isn't amazing for my hair, but it does help keep it under control a little bit, as part of my 'beating it back with a stick' arsenal.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone JUST posted a hangout thread about how much they love it.....I've used it, but I didnt see a dramatic difference, but I have pretty manageable thick strait hair on its own, so I dunno.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was following a thread about oil (was it Macadamia oil??) to help dry and frizzy hair --- of which I consider myself a long term expert on CRAPPY hair!!

I bought Josie Maran's 100% pure Argan oil via Amazon.com and have been using it x 2 weeks. Unbelievably --- it has made a HUGE difference in my dry fly away hair! on the days I do not use it, Its back to my very bad "normal". I'm still fine tuning how much I should be using but boy - its a miracle oil for my hair!!

The excess I have on my hands, I just rub into my cuticles or my cheeks... not sure if I'm seeing a huge change there, but for hair --- GET IT! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Didn't improve my hair, so I massaged it into my feet at night. Not sure if "they" look better!

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use the Josie Maran Argan Oil (you can get the smaller size too) on my hair, on my face sometimes but usually in the winter and mostly on my cheeks, on my hands, elbows and feet. It's the best one I've found.

QVC often has her on and does good deals with her. Sephora sells her stuff too, and you can get that small bottle there, usually by the checkouts.

I use her SPF40+ moisturizer too as well for day and love it.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I used argan oil for awhile on my face until medication caused my skin to dry out. I used Aria Star argan oil from Amazon. 100% pure organic and cheap - $8.95/bottle. No added scent to the oil. I still like to use it on my cuticles.

Never used it on my hair.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love argan oil. I prefer the straight (cheap!) stuff that isn't scented/has additives. Moroccan oil for example contains silicone. So it is the silicone, not the oil, that usually makes your hair feel nice.

FWIW, if you can't find cheap argan oil, olive and coconut oil are similar but heavier.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I have used argan oil for face and hair, but didn't notice any dramatic differences - although, I didn't notice any negative effects either, so I don't have any complaints.
I have been using organic coconut oil lately and my hair has made a dramatic transformation. I posted this in a thread a while back about encouraging hair growth. I don't know if the coconut is encouraging growth, but it certainly has improved the overall health of my hair. I use it as a conditioner (sometimes, leaving it on overnight and washing it out the next day) and my hair has been feeling & looking a lot better these days:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results