shape
carat
color
clarity

Organizing a wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Big organization fan, I am so embarassed to admit that i am just NOW planning the wedding for August. I need to hustle, I know, and I want to do it, but be organized and make sure things run smoothly.

Anyone suggest any good books or programs (electronic) that help list the tiny details of weddings, I am sure to miss!

Also, any advice not to lose my mind and become a bridezilla?
32.gif

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I signed up at weddingchannel.com; they have a checklist and budget tool to help you keep track of all the details. My cousin also gave me a book she used for her own wedding called "The Bride''s Book of Lists."
1586633104.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I love this book! It has a ton of questions I never would have thought to ask of my vendors and it has nifty columns to write in the answers so you can make comparisons before settling on one. I''m cutting things a little close too, my date is in September, so I know how you feel. These tools (and this board
9.gif
) are proving to be a big help.

Good Luck!!

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I have a bridal consultant that does all the work for me. She sets up the flower stuff, the DJ, the food... everything. It''s not cheap, though. She owns the place where we are getting married, so it was a package deal. The knot also has a checklist, too.

I don''t think it takes a long time to plan a wedding... I''ve been engaged for over a year now. The only downside to waiting is that your first choice of wedding sites, preacher, photographer might already be booked for your special day. You might have to go with what is left over... but maybe you''ll get lucky.

You need to order your wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses ASAP... also your veil. Sometimes it can take three or four months for them to come in, then they have to be altered a couple of times.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2005 7:26:33 PM
Author:Nicrez
Big organization fan, I am so embarassed to admit that i am just NOW planning the wedding for August. I need to hustle, I know, and I want to do it, but be organized and make sure things run smoothly.

Anyone suggest any good books or programs (electronic) that help list the tiny details of weddings, I am sure to miss!

Also, any advice not to lose my mind and become a bridezilla?
32.gif
Nicrez,
I''m an old married hag...LOL so have no recent experience with this. However, I''ve run across this organizer a couple of times and find it interesting and might be something you want to check out. It''s pricey, but you never know! Here is the link and I''m attaching a pic.
http://www.shopintuition.com/MindyWeiss/organizer.html

organizer-sig-pic.jpg

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
theknot.com local message boards/wedding countdown are a big help...but be careful, you can waste a lot of time over there. What do you need to do? Maybe we can help you prioritize? klr

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Nic,
I think you have plenty of time. My wedding is in May and we''ve only really started planning in November. Weddingchannel is very useful for all the things you need to do you might never think of on your own. They even send you weekly updates with "things to do this week." Of course they include lots of ridiculous things so it gets a little overwhelming sometimes. The Knot has something similar too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results