shape
carat
color
clarity

Gem Shopping Network Screen Shots

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A giant color shifting sapphire ring. It had a GRS (Swiss lab) report that specified "no heat treatment."

gem_shopping_giant_sapphire_ring.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Interesting to see those. I wish I could get beyond the constant shilling enough to look at the stones, but I just can't stand to listen to them.

--- Laurie

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1372462294|3474033 said:
Interesting to see those. I wish I could get beyond the constant shilling enough to look at the stones, but I just can't stand to listen to them.

--- Laurie

LOL! I turn the volume off.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, TL, I never get tired of you posting images from GSN as long as its "the good stuff!" I sometimes flip it on and if there is something decent to be seen (rarely), I stick around just to drool, but most of the time, its dreck. That said, I DID catch those emerald earrings a week or two ago and actually thought "those emeralds are so beautiful that I wish I knew how to do the screen captures like TL so that I can post them to PS!" :lol: Please, more, more, more! I don't get tired of what you post from them (although I do agree that it depends upon the host/show).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How funny is that? Thanks Minous.

GSN actually has a pinterest page, and they started putting up their own screen shots of their best stuff. I like the shows with Rafi, and Designer Showcase, they usually have the nicer things. I just speed forward through it with my DVR, so that's how I catch the "good stuff."

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh, it all makes sense now! Rafi and Sam are the ones I hope are on - if they're not, or even if they are and they're selling that jade junk, then off I go!

Oh, and just in case you missed it, I love their clever marketing names like "The Hollywood Collection" or "The South Beach Collection." Sure beats "Random A-- Stuff We Acquired at Estate Sales" :roll: :roll:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1372466671|3474078 said:
Ahh, it all makes sense now! Rafi and Sam are the ones I hope are on - if they're not, or even if they are and they're selling that jade junk, then off I go!

Oh, and just in case you missed it, I love their clever marketing names like "The Hollywood Collection" or "The South Beach Collection." Sure beats "Random A-- Stuff We Acquired at Estate Sales" :roll: :roll:

Ben Kho, the "award winning" lapidary is on there as well. I think he's still touting that award he won in 1884. LOL! He's a skilled lapidary, but honestly, I think there are many fine lapidaries that we know through Pricescope. Some of his things are nice, and I think he sells some stuff through Barry, doesn't he?

I'm so glad "Treasure with Sue" is gone. :appl:

She started out every phrase, "this item was supposed to be {exhuberant amount of money}, but now it's only {still expensive amount of money}" :roll:

Sam is okay, but I like Rafi better, and Rafi doesn't scream unlike Sam. With Sam, I really have to turn the volume off.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to see TL back and posting again. :wavey: I have not watched any Gem Shopping shows for the past few months, even with the volume down as nothing was inspiring. I thought Ben Kho would be retired by now. :cheeky: He used to have some decent items but they seem very ordinary, even lacking, today compared to what other lapidaries that Pricescopers recommend facet / cut. I don't know if Barry still sells Ben's stones but Barbara, the previous owner, would obtain selective items from Ben Kho.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results