shape
carat
color
clarity

Just ordered a lavender freshadama bracelet

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
I am excited. Even though I waited till the weekend to order when PP is closed... It's like I purposefully torture myself (or I am practicing the virtue of patience).

I got the 7.5-8mm lavender feshadama bracelet with a white gold ball clasp.

It took me a while to decide what to do because I knew there were some Lavender colors I didn't prefer for my bracelet and I was worried because they don't offer overtone choices in lavender.

So Chenai kindly supplied me with a picture of 3 tones they have in stock. I will post that picture soon.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!!!!

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Mrs. Taylor!

06-13-13a.jpg
Here is the picture she sent.
There were 3 to choose from. Lavender almost pink, a dark cool lavender and the happy medium.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
and you got......?

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Those lavender pearls are just beautiful! Still on my wish list. Enjoy :appl:

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
mrs. taylor said:
and you got......?

I'll reveal that when they come in. :naughty:

I've never seen natural lavender pearls in person (only dyed pearls in unnatural colors that we sell where I work). So I am a little nervous but excited too.

LitGeek said:
Yay! Those lavender pearls are just beautiful! Still on my wish list. Enjoy :appl:

Thank you. :wavey:
I have their blue akoyas on my wishlist now. Is it bad that I already have a wishlist when this is basically my first pearl purchase and I haven't even seen it yet?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Agneau -- How exciting! I never thought to ask about lavender options when I bought my triple strand of lavenders. I wonder if what you were sent regarding freshadama coloring applies to AAA's, too. Mine are most similar to "dark cool lavender". They show silvers, browns, blues and pinks in the lavender.

You are teasing us with making us wait to hear/see what you chose!

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
I finallllllly got the pearls in. It took a exactly week from the ship date and it felt like forever because I was so excited.
Overall I like them so far and I think the color is nice so far (I am going to sit with them for a while) buttttttt.....

The biggest (literally) problem is the length is wrong. It's bigger than I asked for. I stated 6.75 inches at the most , but it's 7.25 inches (measuring one side of the clasp). I am so petite... it can roll it off my hand. :(
Doesn't the silk stretch some over time too?
I am not sure what length to ask for now.

I am pretty bummed. I am disappointed and a little frustrated because I have to send it back and wait even longer to enjoy them.

I have to analyze them closer but I have found a few little blemishes... is that something to bring up too?

Pictures in a few minutes.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Here are some pictures.

length.jpg

wrist.jpg

I asked for the darkest strand.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Agneau -- can you take some close-ups of the pearls, maybe on a piece of white paper/paper towel?

It's a bummer that the bracelet is too long!!! Sounds like you'd prefer 2 or 3 pearls less. I had the opposite problem where my bracelet ended up too short by a few pearls -- I hadn't realized they'd be "shorter" by the room the radius of the pearls take on the inside of the circle of the bracelet. And you are right, there will be a lot of waiting time between sending them back, having the work done, and getting them sent back.

What size pearls are they? Is the color what you wanted/expected? My lavenders were far darker than I'd imagined they'd be -- but I hadn't specified shade of lavender I preferred and was imagining they'd be "pastel" lavender -- almost pink.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Bsomlo- I will get some more pictures tomorrow. It was getting dark outside so I had to take them quickly.

If they looked like they do in the first picture with the ruler, they would be exactly what I wanted. They are lighter in person and maybe less metallic looking. At first I thought they were the wrong strand because of how much lighter they look in person. But after seeing them in the ruler picture I am more sure they were the ones Chenai showed me.

I have been playing with it and two pearls less is what I think too... Which would put it back at 6.75 like asked for. I'm trying not to get overly upset... PP has been nice and responsive through this whole time (still waiting for response about this).

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agneau, I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the length of your bracelet. I've had this same problem, to the point where I just ask for stretchy bracelets because they seem to be made smaller. That said, the last one I had made was still too big, but there's no danger of it slipping off my wrist so I'm leaving it as is. When it needs to be re-strung, I'll get a pearl or two removed.
Not sure if you're emailing or calling them, but it seems faster to call.
The bracelet itself looks beautiful-- you chose well!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Agneau|1372204424|3472301 said:
Here are some pictures.

length.jpg

wrist.jpg

I asked for the darkest strand.
Sorry you are not pleased but it looks to me that the pearls measure 6.75 then the clasp is added. Look on the bright side when it is restrung you will have matching pearls for earrings. :mrgreen:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know. If I order a 7.5 inch bracelet I expect it to be 7.5 inches total, not 7.5 without the clasp.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Bsomlo - I forgot to answer your question, they are the 7.5-8.0mm size.

Baby Nurse - Thanks for the encouragement! I should call and it would totally make this faster and I may have to tomorrow. Phone calls give me anxiety so I avoid them when I can. Not sure what happened to me as a child, lol.

4ranchgirl - I will ask to keep the extra pearls, although I wish they weren't fully drilled for earring use. Hmmmm, I am sure I will think of something and if not just keep the extra for if a pearl gets damaged or something. It seems to me too that it is close to 6.75 of pearls and then the clasp but that wasn't how they said they make it.

Mrs Taylor - You are right. I used the online chat to make sure that was the case and they said the clasp would be included in the length.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Agneau -- You must have teensy weensy writsts because those pearls look HUGE! My triple strand is also 7.5 to 8 mm and I never would have guessed you bought the same pearl size.

Do keep us posted -- and let us know how you like the pearls in different lights during different times of the day.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Here are some more pictures on a paper towel:
towel1.jpg
towel.jpg

peartaco.jpg
A pearl taco.

towel2.jpg
I wish they looked like this all the time.

outside.jpg
Direct sunlight.

How much different are these than the AAA pearls I wonder?

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Such beautiful pearls and the size looks great on you. Too bad about the length but you can make some beautiful dangles, maybe with some gemstone rondelle accents?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous pearls and I love the color variations.

I'll take a picture of my AAA's up close -- also dark and also 7.5 mm to 8 mm.

Off I go...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, below are three photos of AAA dark lavender 7.5 to 8 mm from PP. This is as close a picture as my cell phone allows:

My pearls are not perfectly round. Agneau -- yours look perfectly round to me.

lavender_upclose__1.jpg

lavender_upclose__2.jpg

lavender_upclose__3.jpg

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Thank Bsomlo! So nice of you. I see what you mean about mine being more round. I was happy with the fact that they were as round as they looked.
It's hard to tell about differences in luster. Do yours have a lot of blemishes?

PP got back to me today and they sent a shipping label. Off they go!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Agneau -- My AAA strand is pretty much blemish-free. I just took a careful look and they are really beautiful pearls with very nice, clean surfaces. Their flaw is that they are not perfectly round. I am very satisfied with the quality. Funny thing is that I used to keep them in their black velvet box but decided to keep them in an open box on my make-up table for a little while now and I swear, they've lightened up a bit in color being exposed to light! Maybe that's not possible -- but it seems so to my eye!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results