shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

GORGEOUS BLUEBIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous you got that sapphire. That is my dream color!!!! I will be following this ring living vicariously through you! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

I've been holding out...but I recently bought and set a gorgeous Barry color-shift spinel, the aqua from Barry's drop today, and...look what's ready!!!!! (The fire opal is for my mom, and the the blue-purple stone is my treasured benitoite from Brad!)

il_55.jpg

il_56.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jstarfireb|1370485058|3459851 said:
I've been holding out...but I recently bought and set a gorgeous Barry color-shift spinel, the aqua from Barry's drop today, and...look what's ready!!!!! (The fire opal is for my mom, and the the blue-purple stone is my treasured benitoite from Brad!)

Both are lovely, but I LOVE that fire opal ring!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock

Thank you SB! You have so many amazing pieces that I love.

OMG, jsfb! The fire opal in that setting is so stunning. And you must have wrapped in magazines and waited anxiously after and all that too. A HoW project is an adventure in itself. Congratulations!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

So it is being recut by JW but it is mine! Should be around 7-7.5mm when complete. :lickout:

sap130b.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

bluebirrrd|1370496644|3459936 said:
Thank you SB! You have so many amazing pieces that I love.

OMG, jsfb! The fire opal in that setting is so stunning. And you must have wrapped in magazines and waited anxiously after and all that too. A HoW project is an adventure in itself. Congratulations!

Seriously! I was terrified to send it uninsured because the benitoite cost much more than what I've spent on any other colored stone. Easily my most expensive non-diamond project...and I was so relieved to see it made it there. Oddly enough, it didn't photograph that well, but it's a ridiculously dispersive stone with great color. The fire opal is going to make my mom happy too!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

it seems his new 999 fine silver collar is so heavy he can't lift his head!!

agdogcollar.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

iGevelt SB, that is already gorgeous. After JWing it is going to sing!!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

VapidLapid|1370908816|3463026 said:
it seems his new 999 fine silver collar is so heavy he can't lift his head!!
How friggin cute!!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

So happy with my new zircon :D It's not greasy or hazy at all. It goes from that nice forest green in the finger shot to a BRIGHT limey green in certain light

1.1ct 6.6x5mm from Tan

I may actually have this little guy set :D

1008364_512218648905_1889627991_o_1_.jpg

1009655_512218678845_167122501_o.jpg

1014501_512218663875_1153504429_o.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm hopefully going to be able to take this to my jeweler tomorrow and get it set...if I don't get there tomorrow, I won't get there until late next week, and that's just lame.

yowza10.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yowza is dead on. I'm still a leeetle bit mad.... :wink2:

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock

Happy Saturday, gemmies :naughty: Today I find myself wanting to do very little work, as it cuts into my ring wearing time! Here's a pic. I messed around with effects, but the color was not touched.

IRL, it's more saturated of course. Sometimes it's quite rich and blue, other times the violet really comes through as it did in this photo. I know it would have been beautiful in yellow gold, but I don't often wear it so I chose unplated white instead. Pls. excuse the dust!

p6150127a__640x480_.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bluebirrrd|1371332767|3466627 said:
Happy Saturday, gemmies :naughty: Today I find myself wanting to do very little work, as it cuts into my ring wearing time! Here's a pic. I messed around with effects, but the color was not touched.

IRL, it's more saturated of course. Sometimes it's quite rich and blue, other times the violet really comes through as it did in this photo. I know it would have been beautiful in yellow gold, but I don't often wear it so I chose unplated white instead. Pls. excuse the dust!

p6150127a__640x480_.jpg

That's it?!! You have one of the most complimented on sapphires in recent memory, you decide to set it, you share CADs with us while its underway to completion, and, now that you have the completed ring in hand, you give us one meager photo (albeit a very pretty shot)?!!! No, no - this just will not do! :nono: What's that faint sound you ask? Oh, those are just the rumblings of mutiny from PSers...

Agneau

Shiny_Rock

minousbijoux|1371336399|3466656 said:
bluebirrrd|1371332767|3466627 said:

p6150127a__640x480_.jpg

That's it?!! You have one of the most complimented on sapphires in recent memory, you decide to set it, you share CADs with us while its underway to completion, and, now that you have the completed ring in hand, you give us one meager photo (albeit a very pretty shot)?!!! No, no - this just will not do! :nono: What's that faint sound you ask? Oh, those are just the rumblings of mutiny from PSers...

Haha, Minous!
I know right? It deserves its own thread with lots of pictures!

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock

smiley-scared003.gif Lol, I'll work on the photos and make a thread for it. I've posted about it so many times along the way, I wasn't sure that another whole thread would be wanted.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

There must be more pieces being made right now! I need bling people!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Freke, you just inspired me to post a preview of these that are somewhere in the mail right now on their way. I'm impatient! :evil: These are all gray-blue spinels from Tan, including one bubbly 3ct one that I had been stalking forever and won in an auction, jewelry work by HOWJ and then a Welo opal ring from a new shop. https://www.etsy.com/shop/danaevansstudio

sally1.jpg

sally2.jpg

sally3.jpg

weloopal.jpg

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock

:love: Wow! When I saw your name, MT, I knew we were in for a treat! After they arrive, you should start a thread with LOTS of photos.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Awww, thanks bluebirrrd :bigsmile: I can't wait to start the photoshoot as soon as they arrive!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree - nice to have you posting again as your designs are some of my favorite. Liz has influenced all of us with her grey spinel thing, hasn't she? :lol: We tell ourselves "must..resist..." but the flashes those grey spinels throw off are hypnotizing...

Where was I? Oh yes, as usual, your new pieces are lovely and I especially love the opal ring. I would love a profile and other detail shots when it arrives. Love the rich gold bezel, as it makes the colors of the opal come alive. I am officially coveting. :bigsmile:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

MT those earrings are stunning!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I never realized I didn't post the two rings that I had made recently....

The red stone is my 2.30ct Rubellite, that I got from Beau Patterson. It was set by Jessi Clark-White of Distinction Jewelry, in .950 Palladium. We worked together on the design. I know, I like bold designs.....

The dark purple stone is a 3ct Spinel from Gene Flanagan. Its a dark steely blue during the day, and a nicer, not as dark Amethyst purple at night. It looks in-between in the pics. This one is set in a standard sterling-silver mount, which Jessi oxidized for me, and set some melee-sized Diamonds that I had aquired over the years.

Both came out great and I reccomend Jessi!!

Next is going to be a 14x10 Namibian Blue Chalcedony, which is going in my mothers old College Ring, which was converted into a Mens ring for me, and needs a cab....this was cut by Ryan Quanz. Ryan is the guy to go to if you need a cabochon!!

Note: these are my personal rings, they have nothing to do with my 'trade' status. Thanks!

971400_10151611138221131_1412229704_n.jpg

374606_10151590281141131_2118702874_n.jpg

484707_10151610794484354_1470778239_n.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

oh my god Chris whole threads on these with many pictures please.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I blame jstarfireb for this one. My new Barry fire opal, 8.1mm

_7358.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chris: I love the rubellite ring - great stone and awesome design. Great job! I also adore chalcedony and your cab is lovely, like a drop of water (kinda sorta).

Athena: oh lordie, that is amazeballs! Love that color and what's not to love about a Barry stone?!!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Minous - Yes, I agree, Liz has totally influenced me! I have started to love having sets with the same nuances of gems, so I can match colors if I want :rolleyes: :bigsmile: I will definitely include profile shots and mood shots of the opal, as far as my skills go.

SB621 - thank you =)

athenaworth - that is to die for!

ChrisA222 - that spinel ring makes my heart beat faster. I love the oxidized background, it's perfect for the spinel!

GregS

Brilliant_Rock

Does anybody else see the image of a well known pop culture genius in the center of this stone? Initials A.E.

__kgrhqj__iyfdeo_kr-6bq345mntsq__60_12__1_.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

looks like Moby to me

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results