color
clarity

Question about Tahitian peals on ebay

collectingmore

Rough_Rock
Trade

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
It appears legit to me. I know TPO had some chocolate baroques like that strand. I'm pretty sure PP and TPO use black thread to knot their darker colored Tahitians. The smooth ball clasps are familiar. I'm not sure about the filigree one. The seller is probably starting at the minimum that they will accept and is expecting bidding to increase. They are very nice, but aren't the absolute finest quality or most desirable dark colors, so they wouldn't command thousands of dollars.

The chocolate Tahitians say "Pearls are graduated baroque from 5mm to 13mm." That seems a little odd... could be a mistake.

All that being said, I'm no expert, that's just what I guess from the photos.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Pearls are graduated baroque from 8mm to 10.5mm approximately
They appear real and are more than likely started low to attract bidders.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Just to clarify, I was looking at all three of the necklaces listed. The one directly linked to this post is obviously not "chocolate".

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Are you wondering if they really did come from PP or TPO to prove they are real and their grade rating? You could ask the seller to provide the information before bidding. PP and TPO send appraisals with their pearls and if the seller lost them they could get the information from PP and TPO themselves. I am sure they have record of the sales.

collectingmore

Rough_Rock
Trade
No, they look real to me. I am not really concerned with grading, etc. and my sister just wants a cheap strand. The prices just seemed too low so I wanted to check with he experts on here and get opinions since I have not bought many baroque strands and have no clue what the eBay prices should be.

Thanks every one for the feedback, it was very helpful!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
She should look at them a PP and TPO and see price points then look at the same pearls at ebay. I would ask for proof they were purchased from PP and TPO. The seller may be saying that and perhaps they were not. Both those companies sell different grades, I would want to know what I was buying in order not to overpay if others bid again you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results