shape
carat
color
clarity

My version of a long rope being made:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
First picture! These are the 10 strands Hisano has chosen for my rope. She chose pearls with a silver overtone per my request.

10_strands_hisano_chose_with_silver_overtone.png

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
And look at Hisano's elimination process! She's marked every pearl not up to AAA grade with blue tape! Fascinating to see. I so appreciate the attention to detail and personalization of this rope.

hisano_s_elimination_process.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1369261283|3452104 said:
Wow -- thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions! I considered everyone's input and then collaborated with Hisano.

This is the decision I came to using Hisano's advice:

CLASPS: 3 clasps -- instead of solid fish hooks I'm going with ball clasps in white gold with matte finish so they'll blend in better:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/Ball-Clasp-Matte-Finish-14K-Gold227.aspx

LENGTHS: Hisano offered three "plans" and we both agreed that the following plan is best:

-- 75"
-- 20" (can be a bracelet wrapped thrice -- I have small wrists)
-- 49"

The other possibilities had 4 lengths, but with two strands of similar length. This option has the least amount of clasps and the most variety in lengths.

Since Hisano is choosing the pearls for the entire 144" at the same time -- the whole strand should match very nicely (addressing the issue 4 Ranch Girl brought up).

Hisano feels the clasps can be hidden amongst all the strands of pearls if I wear the whole length. I also realized that if I don't connect them all, I can wear all three strands with the clasps in the back of my neck (knowing they'll float around like they tend to do...).
She is going to start making the rope on Friday -- so I'll post pictures when they are available.
Love the different lengths that were chosen. I can see why too. These numbers are very versital on their own and can work well on their own and when combined meet your specification of 144. Some of my favorite strands are those very numbers.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of the 20" strand (which I can use as a bracelet):

20_inches_of_144__6.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
And here is a picture of the 49" strand (the shorter necklace). Hisano used slightly thicker synthetic thread for strength since the combined full length will be 144". This strand looks so luscious I can hardly wait to wrap it around myself! (Although the picture is very small posted here):

49_inches_of_144__6.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
this is so thrilling to watch evolve!

I'm really glad you went with three clasps. I can't wait to see the finished product.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Here are better pictures of the knotted strands (75" still to come):

20_inch_strand_tripled_as_bracelet.jpg

49_inch_0.jpg

naria

Shiny_Rock
Looks nice. Can't wait to see your pictures of it all together.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Okey dokey -- here are pictures of the finished product.

Picture #1: 75" doubled

Picture #2: 144" "messy" multi-layered

Picture #3: 144" long layered style

Note how Hisano was able to keep all 3 clasps behind the neck in photos #2 and #3.

I can hardly wait to play around with that baby!

75_inch_rope.jpg

144_inch_rope_style__1.jpg

144_inch_rope_style__2.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! It's perfect!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Wow! Wow! Wow!!

I can't wait to see real life photos! It's going to be unbelievable!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowzer! :love: :appl:
unfortunately, i'm a short round body and just cannot carry that look off.....sigh.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I think the 2/3 picture looks very Audrey Hepburn!!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
It's waiting to ship with something else -- so I probably won't get it for a week. Sad face...

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no!! The pain of waiting!!! I hope it goes fast for you!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Presenting what I call "Pearls Much?":

These are the two longest segments attached -- I didn't have time to fuss with hiding the clasp of the third, 18" inch segment. So it's 126" of 6.5 -7 mm CFW AAA pearls. My 16 year old daughter styled #3. Off I go to meeting. Me and "Pearls Much?"

I think I'll start a new thread called: "How do you wear your rope?" because there are endless ways to wear this baby.

white_rope__1.jpg

white_rope__2.jpg

white_rope__3.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
It's incredible and I love your dress.

Is it heavy?

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
wow :cheeky:
All three styles look good. I especially like the third.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a lot of pearls :appl: Can't have too many in my book.

Your daughter has a great eye. #3 for me.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rope looks fabulous! I do like all three looks, but the last one is just amazing :love: ! I just got a 35" rope, but I'm thinking I need more :devil: .

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I wore #1 today and it did not feel heavy. It did get a little "chokey" so I had to loosen all the strands around my neck a tad. Since I don't get to see my pearls much, I like having thefeel of them around my neck. They start cool and then warm up. It's a really nice heft. I think there are a ton of ways to wear this and for me, at least, it's not too much pearl!

P.S. All my dresses are from Talbots and they are all machine washable! I have kids and a dog so that is important to me. The one I am wearing is "Fit and Flare" and is on a huge sale:

http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi30543&rootCategory=cat90030&catId=cat80018&sortKey=Default&section=Sale&conceptIdUnderSale=cat90030

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results