shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Oasis Memorial Day Sale

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Memorial Day Sale at PearlOasis.com
Orders over $300 get an additional 10% off through May 27 plus free shipping.

I hadn't shopped there before, but noticed some people on the pearl forum had positive comments, so I went ahead and snagged this multicolored Tahitian necklace I had been eyeing.

I don't have a Tahitian strand yet, so I asked my sister what she thought of it. She said it looks like gaudy, cheap costume jewelry.. lol.
My best friend said it "looks like where they glue Mardi gras beads together". My husband said it looks like Christmas ornaments (in a good way). The cool variation of colors is enough for me. It really was a bargain.

pearl_oasis.jpg

naria

Shiny_Rock
The strand looks beautiful. Maybe your family and friends are a little jealous? Hopefully you love it when it arrives.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Naria. I think they are just not pearl people. My sister is brutally honest, but that's okay, everyone has their own taste. I really wanted her opinion so I would know what the average person thinks when they see me wearing them! lol

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful!
I guess sister and friend aren't getting pearls for christmas.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes, your friends are not kind to pearls :roll: I think they look very pretty with interesting color variation. Please post pictures when they arrive!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
You guys are great, nobody will ever post something here that doesn't get at least a couple of compliments. Will post pictures next week probably.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet they are matchy-matchy people who think pearls should only be round and white.

personally, I think your strand is lovely!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I can't imagine someone believing pearls can be too bright and colorful! But I think that's true, if they don't know much about pearls, they can believe colorful and/or not perfectly round equals defective. :lol:

I think they are wonderful. Can't wait for the "in person" pics!

c langston

Shiny_Rock
Love those! Ditto to the comments above some people just do not get the true unique character of pearls. Round & white is pretty but there is so much more to explore in shape, color, texture.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
c langston|1369298999|3452323 said:
Love those! Ditto to the comments above some people just do not get the true unique character of pearls. Round & white is pretty but there is so much more to explore in shape, color, texture.

You said it perfectly, C langston. Mynattk, your new pearls look so interesting in their variations. Looking forward to the photos also.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great colors! I look forward to your own photos when the pearl arrive, especially a neck shot, please!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
The strand arrived yesterday and they are sooo fun! I love them, anyway. My in-laws are visiting and probably thought it strange I was taking a thousand "selfies" to try and get a couple of good pictures.. lol
I know you're supposed to put them on a white background, but the blue really makes the colors pop. Three top pics are in darker lighting and last one is next to an incandescent lamp. The sale is still on, so if you're looking for something fuuuuun, check out Pearl Oasis!!! This strand was just over 300 bucks.

tahitians_3.jpg
tahitians_4.jpg
tahitians_5.jpg
tahitians_2.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
mynattk -- thanks for sharing the pictures! The necklace looks lovely on you. I am sure you will enjoy the pearls for many years to come.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Love them!!! Soooo tempted to buy a strand!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Simply fabulous! You look terrific in them and the colors are perfect! Great choice!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Lovely necklace!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
it's so pretty! I just snagged a strand from PP so I think I'll wait to see what that looks like. Bad timing on my part because yours is beautiful!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I echo everyone: they look fab on you! definitely a good choice! :appl:

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everybody! The colors are really great. You never know about website pictures, but these were accurate and it wasn't a stock photo. Don't worry, Mrs. Taylor. The strand you get from PP is going to be superior. I looked at their site, but I wanted something with "wow" multicolor that was within my "fun money" budget. Having the highest grade wasn't as important to me. Can't wait to see your beauties when the arrive :bigsmile:

Happy Memorial Day everybody!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not so sure about that! I LOVE the strand I settled on (from the pics anyway!) but it's not what you'd call....colorful. Yours are amazing. They DO look like Christmas ornaments-in a very, very good way. I would have picked those colors over what I got in a heartbeat. I'm thinking about ordering one from pearl oasis right now and seeing them both in person to decide. I'm absolutely swooning over your strand.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. Taylor -- I had the same thought for you. If you do end up with both, please post pictures of each. It'll be very interesting to see which you end up choosing (and you may end up keeping both...). PP baroque tahitians seem matched for color, etc. PO seems like a lively mixed batch of colors. So it really depends on what pleases you. It's fun going on pearl lovers' journeys with them!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I caved and purchased a strand. Will post pics when I get home!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
love the pearl colors of this necklace. They look wonderful on you. Enjoy your new beauties.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the strand I purchased:

lc0247.jpg

lc0247a.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
misskittycat -- I can not tell a lie. I was eyeing that strand, too! I liked that one white pearl with the brown ring. I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of it!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo, we obviously both have excellent taste! I love the asymmetry of the pearl strand. That one white pearl just sits perfectly, breaking up the dark grey. And I also had a funny feeling if I didn't buy it, another PSer would have!!

I was also keen on another strand but it was double the price of this one. Gorgeous but out of the price range at the moment :(

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
This south sea black rainbow pearl necklace is very beautiful with natural color and mirror luster with minimal inclusions (but these are unique beauty of the south-sea pearls) about 12-12.5 mm in size. I love the rainbow black colors like this. Thanks for sharing your beautiful jewelry.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
I love this south-sea black pearl necklace. We call it rainbow pearls. I got one black rainbow and gold south sea pearl necklaces myself. They are rare crops and natural. So no exact same pearl can be reproduced, and we've got to wait for the next harvest sometimes. The south sea pearls we carry are rounder, coal or ink black with peacock or cherry overtone with mirror luster. We use it to make pendants. Usually near perfect pearls are used to make pendants (drilling only one hole instead of two holes, hole is drilled over where the obvious inclusions or flaws are). We also carry rare gold cultured pearls, they are in lighter gold colors, the one for south sea is darker gold. Thanks for sharing your beautiful necklace.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
MissKittyCat,

What personality your new Tahitian strand has! :love: Hope to see photos of you modeling it soon!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
That center pearl is a real stunner. Your strand should arrive soon with the 3 day shipping. Don't forget you have to be home to sign for it! I hope you love it as much as I love mine!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results