shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Dresses - Rent vs. Buy?? Opinions??!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Almost engaged

Rough_Rock
Hi Brides -

Has anyone rented a dress, know someone who has, or thinking about it?? There is a cool place in LA called One Night Affair - they have all the designers Vera, Versace, Dior...

What do you think?? Can you alter them?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
My FSIL rented her wedding gown. She didn''t care to own and pay for a wedding gown, so she just rented it. She also rented an evening gown and a qipao. It costed her only $600. At the place where she rented hers, they alter the dresses to fit her by just taken a bigger size in and not cutting the fabric. They did that so that they can take it in and out with no problems for different brides I think. I thought about renting one too, but decided against it because I am having two receptions and renting a dress twice just didn''t make sense to me and wearing a dress that had been taken in and out is kinda weird too. I like the idea of owning my dress, even if I just wear it once (I mean twice.. hehe).

P.S. She didn''t rent hers from One Night Affair tho, so you might want to ask them how or if they alter the dress for you.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I think if you can find a dress you like that you can rent, and it doesn''t bother you, then definitely go for it. Especially if it is a designer gown that you love and could never afford.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2005 12:51
6.gif
8 PM
Author: qtiekiki
My FSIL rented her wedding gown. She didn''t care to own and pay for a wedding gown, so she just rented it. She also rented an evening gown and a qipao. It costed her only $600. At the place where she rented hers, they alter the dresses to fit her by just taken a bigger size in and not cutting the fabric. They did that so that they can take it in and out with no problems for different brides I think. I thought about renting one too, but decided against it because I am having two receptions and renting a dress twice just didn''t make sense to me and wearing a dress that had been taken in and out is kinda weird too. I like the idea of owning my dress, even if I just wear it once (I mean twice.. hehe).

P.S. She didn''t rent hers from One Night Affair tho, so you might want to ask them how or if they alter the dress for you.
I think it is a perfectly fine idea to rent a dress if it is an option that works for you. I have heard that in some countries it is in fact more the norm.

qtiekiki...I am wearing my wedding dress twice too!! It was so sad when I had to take it off the first time, but cool to think I get a second night to enjoy it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results