shape
carat
color
clarity

More goodies on their way from PP!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just couldn't resist the Mother's Day discount!

I've ordered:

the white freshadama bracelet, 7.5-8mm

and

the white metallic freshwater necklace, 7.5-8mm.

Hoping I love the freshadama bracelet. But really excited about the creamy metallics!

Can't wait!

freshadama_bracelet.gif

metallic_fwp_necklace.gif

Blossy

Rough_Rock
Lovely!

I used the Mother's Day code too - my first ever pearls. The wait is killing me!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Cool!

What did you get?

Blossy

Rough_Rock
I got a strand, bracelet, studs and dangles, all 8.5-9mm white Freshadama.

I'm too excited - I want them now! I stupidly chose the cheap shipping option so it's a 2-3 week wait, aargh!!

Did you request a specific overtone? I asked for silver, but now I wonder if I'll see any orient, or if lustre is more pronounced on rose. Gosh I hope I made a good choice...

naria

Shiny_Rock
Luster and orient are different. I think of luster as how mirror like the pearls are (though my view is a little controversial on the other forum). Orient is a play of colors across the surface of the pearl which almost floats. I'm not sure overtone effects these properties. Maybe one of the more knowledgable experts can help you with that, but my guess would be that a high quality freshwater pearl of any overtone could exhibit orient and luster. To be fair though, orient is trickier to see on round pearls so it usually isn't as strong.

Blossy

Rough_Rock
I have seen what looks like orient in Akoyas in stores, but the low quality freshwaters I tend to see in bricks and mortar stores seem devoid. I hope the Freshadamas have orient that I can see, but yes I understand it will be harder to see in round pearls.

I chose yellow gold findings - I hope that's ok with silver overtones.

Periwinkle, when are you expecting your package?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Blossy,

No, I didn't know you could request a specific overtone, except with akoyas.

Orient sounds cool, haven't heard of that before.

Hmm, not sure about the package, a week or two? And then I have to go down to the US and pick it up.

I have a few others things on their way too.

Blossy

Rough_Rock
Are you in Canada? Are import duties steep?

We can import up to $1000 tax free (I'm in Australia) and my total was just over, so cheeky me had my order split in two ;-)

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I'm the same Blossy! Luckily mine was just under the threshold so my Mother's Day present came tax free! Woo hoo!!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I chose Fed Ex. It came in four days. I am impatient!!!

Blossy

Rough_Rock
Ooh, are there photos somewhere?

I don't get to spend much on jewellery so this was like 3 years worth, lol! I should have paid for fed ex, I hate waiting!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Blossy|1368598433|3447209 said:
Are you in Canada? Are import duties steep?

We can import up to $1000 tax free (I'm in Australia) and my total was just over, so cheeky me had my order split in two ;-)

Yes, and yes. But if I go down to get it I can bring back up to $800 worth duty free. It's a 30 minute drive and I get to go see my girlfriend from grad school. Still it does mean that I don't get things very quickly - and that it takes time to return things I don't like.

Luckily PP has a long return policy!

Looking forward to pics!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results