shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile Pearls: Premier Akoya Studs & Classic Akoya Strand

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
So, I wanted a proper set of pearls. I bought top quality stud earrings from Blue Nile, Premier Akoya. I'd have liked the Premier Akoya strand too but it's over $3200 and I'm not spending that much on pearls. However, I wanted something better than a freshwater strand. So I bought the Blue Nile Classic Akoya pearl strand. Currently it's about $1300 but I got these in a Christmas sale for $800, which I was pretty pleased with. The clasp is 18k white gold.

The classic akoya strand is pretty lustrous, but the premier akoya earrings are like glass. I had great difficulty photographing the pearls - they all came out blurry, so only three pics. It's a great pity that I couldn't get a great close-up of the studs.

When I first wore the strand, an acquaintance who is not a jeweller but a hairdresser said, "Oh, they're the real ones, aren't they?" meaning that he could see they were akoya and not just freshwater. I love it when that happens. It vindicates the money you've spent.

The premier studs are the shiniest, but the classic akoyas are pretty shiny too; when I put my strand next to my freshwaters, there is no comparison at all.

I wouldn't necessarily wear the studs and the strand together, unless I was going to be in ultra-conservative company, like going to the opera with my in-laws. You don't want to look matronly or like a headmistress! I'm more likely to wear each piece on their own.

All the pearls are 7mm.

Here's a link to my Blue Nile pearl and sapphire drop earrings. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sapphire-studs-with-pearl-drops-from-blue-nile.186643/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sapphire-studs-with-pearl-drops-from-blue-nile.186643/[/URL]

_5343.jpg

_5344.jpg

_5345.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Blue Nile Pearls: Premier Akoya Studs & Classic Akoya St

Beautiful pearls. I hope you enjoy them and wear them often. :appl: :appl: :appl: I was having fun reading this until you got the you don't want to look matronly, head mistress part. :confused:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty worn apart or together-- nothing matronly about them!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

NacreLover|1365716789|3425008 said:
Beautiful pearls. I hope you enjoy them and wear them often. :appl: :appl: :appl: I was having fun reading this until you got the you don't want to look matronly, head mistress part. :confused:

:lol:

wear them to the farmers' market....I do. :bigsmile: heck, I wear them bowling.

alice87

Shiny_Rock

Nice luster and color! Enjoy wearing them!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, the earrings are really something special. Gorgeous set! I haven't sprung for pearls yet as I've always felt....matronly wearing them.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Darlings, replace "matronly" with "regal" and you're heading in the right direction.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results