shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your DREAM ring!

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1366986054|3434930 said:
The Graff 25 ct step cut Fancy Intense Pink diamond ring.

for some reason my response to all my fav stones and rings is 'mmmmmmmmm yummy' which was my response to this one. i feel sorry for those side stones though. with another center stone they could have been loved and adored but next to this stone its a case of side stones? what side stones? mmm giant pink diamond... yummy...

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Catmom|1366982932|3434898 said:
This would be mine, an unheated 10.93 Emerald cut AGL certed Burmese Sapphire and diamond. GAH!!!!!!!

OM*%#@G, hello! :love:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1366937336|3434671 said:
Or a five carat OMC in a delicate (yellow gold?) bezel (no picture but please share if you know of one!)

like this?

This is definitely one of my favorites! I have my Grandmother's ring that I inherited and if I ever take it from the original setting, I will go with something like this!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a nice, simple + clean emerald cut solitaire? Mmmmmm. To me, they're so elegant and classic!

_5874.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've also always had a thing for the real, authentic Tiffany setting. There's something about it, and the knock offs are close but just not quite it.

And I wouldn't kick this Harry Winston marquise cut out of bed! The finger coverage would be amazing.

tiffany_solitaire.jpg

harry_winston.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
two_little_birds|1367003894|3435124 said:
This would probably be mine...

Hello gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't say no to a ginormous pink diamond ring, like the ones posted - but the problem is that those "dream" rings, I would rarely feel comfortable actually wearing!

I think I got my dream ring with my three stone. It's everything I've learned and loved on PS translated into one project. It's inherently wearable and blingy, and I haven't wanted anything else since I got it.

That being said, I've always generally wanted a big fancy yellow in a halo too!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1367017562|3435240 said:
I wouldn't say no to a ginormous pink diamond ring, like the ones posted - but the problem is that those "dream" rings, I would rarely feel comfortable actually wearing!

I think I got my dream ring with my three stone. It's everything I've learned and loved on PS translated into one project. It's inherently wearable and blingy, and I haven't wanted anything else since I got it.

T-Gal- you are the voice for reason! (And your 3 stone is amazing.)

I've thought hard (and looked around) but still can't think of anything I'd call a dream ring (as in, something I wouldn't get tired of) though I love looking at all the yummies posted here. I think maybe I have a dream stone, and that is a larger size OEC that could get moved around to different mounts over time (since of course, the premise is that money is no object so I could change it when I want to!). If a real dream ring ever jumps out at me, I figure it's probably going to be an antique and I just haven't "seen" it yet. :)

Seema60

Rough_Rock
I bought my dream ring recently from DBL..so beutiful! I was inspired by RDG's yellow diamond ring but I think mine is equally beautiful though smaller. What do you think? Here is a video link.

http://youtu.be/5A5Ab53Fi7I

_5877.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

T-gal, your pad has been a dream ring of mine for ages

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm.....

The blue asscher!

Or this one

blue_asscher_diamond_ring.jpg

calleija_emerald_cut.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1367040698|3435487 said:

T-gal, your pad has been a dream ring of mine for ages

Thanks Athenaworth. I love it, but it is very delicate - and I'm now used to having some presence on the hand!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I pretty much have my dream ring with Venice :bigsmile:

However, if I had to pick another ring on PS that could be my dream ring then without a doubt it would be AJ"s cushion sapphire ring from Jeff White and Leon.

For a unrealistic dream ring that I would never in this lifetime get. I really like Blake Lively's oval. It just screams sophiscated to me!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
And since posting is useless without pictures. These are both on my wish list to recreate.

_5932.jpg

_144.png

Beth_Chloefan

Rough_Rock
I am proud to say that I actually have my dream ring. A simple band with a black sapphire and a 2ct cushion cut centre. Simple but elegant. Love Love

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1367186883|3436267 said:
I pretty much have my dream ring with Venice :bigsmile:

However, if I had to pick another ring on PS that could be my dream ring then without a doubt it would be AJ"s cushion sapphire ring from Jeff White and Leon.

For a unrealistic dream ring that I would never in this lifetime get. I really like Blake Lively's oval. It just screams sophiscated to me!

I agree... Blake's oval is gorgeous! What a honker that oval is!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've also wanted a target ring for years. Probably with emeralds or rubies for the halo, but I wouldn't turn this one down either!

sapphire_target_ring.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread!! The picture below doesn't do the ring justice, but this is the marquise diamond ring Mia Farrow wore in the 1974 version of "The Great Gatsby". It looks like it's about 7 or 8 carats. Cartier supplied all of the jewelry for the film.

Attachments

• dsy1.bmp
    468.4 KB · Views: 2,451

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slightly off topic, but oh my GOSH im too excited to see the Jewelry in the new Great Gatsby! Im excited for that movie for a slew of reasons, but of course thats one.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1367014646|3435223 said:
I've also always had a thing for the real, authentic Tiffany setting. There's something about it, and the knock offs are close but just not quite it.

And I wouldn't kick this Harry Winston marquise cut out of bed! The finger coverage would be amazing.

I have to agree Laila, the Classic Tiffany 6 Prong is probably my dream ring too! :love: :love: :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Oh I sure did find my dream ring last weekend in Omaha Nebraska while were attending the annual Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder's meeting. On Friday night they have an enormous (thousands of people) cocktail party at one of the companies they own - Borsheim's Jewelry store. The place as usual was packed, but I made my way to the back of the store where all the big ticket items are displayed. I tried on a few jaw dropping and enormous ruby rings!!! This was my favorite.. Due to a glass (or two of wine)I don't remember the stats exactly but I'm pretty sure it was a 5 carat unheated/treated Burmese ruby for somewhere around 250K. Needless to say.. all I got at the cocktail hour in addition to the wine.. were a few meatballs and some cheese and crackers! :lol:
What a beauty that ring was!!!!

photo-128.jpg

blingerlabrbest

Rough_Rock
slightly off topic, but oh my GOSH im too excited to see the Jewelry in the new Great Gatsby! Im excited for that movie for a slew of reasons, but of course thats one.

The jewels from 1973 cartier and mia farrow blow the more recent gatsby out of the water, hard to find a detailed pic of mia's large marquis, looked like the gallery was set with delicate platinum wire, with just one side stone on top of yellow band, with tiny moon dust like stones surrounding the gallery and she wore with a thin platinum band with small mood dust like stones.. the gallery seemed to produce a small airline halo to the marquis so amazing. so mesmerizing I cant find a detailed pic anywhere, I am trying to replicate this to a T so if any detailed photos please share. please and I will share my completed diamond ring

blingerlabrbest

Rough_Rock
gatsbycartier.png mia.png
the top picture shows the intricate platinum wire halo or gallery, with tiny stones set atop the platinum band although the main ring had a yg shank with a small bezel set stone adorning it. there is so much more detail to this ring I cant find any more detailed photos if anyone can assist I would be greatful..

blingerlabrbest

Rough_Rock

trust me, the one from 1973 with mia farrow and cartier overshadowed the new version 100 times over, nothing can compare to the cartier jewels used in 1973 gatsby they make me swoon everytime I think about them and I am on a mission to find detailed pic of the setting that I am trying to hard to dupe but cant find super detailed photos.... tears and hope!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results