clarity

I need your help ladies!!

Which Rock?

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Achilles

Rough_Rock
Just based off the stats I am providing as I do not have all the specs in front of me would you rather receive a 1.05 Round, Ideal, D, VS1 or 1.25 Round, I, SI1 (eyeclean) for an engagement ring.
The prices are close to each other as the 1.25 is a little bit more but I am most likely going with the 1.05.

Thanks for the input

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
I would go with the 1.05 just because it is ideal. If the larger one were ideal or very close to it I would choose the larger one. Just my 2 cents.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
how do u know it is ideal?

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
If the cut quality of both stones were the same, I would much prefer a smaller D to a larger I. I don''t think I''m typical though.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Ideal D over nonideal anything anyday.

shay

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I need more info in order to decide which stone to go for.

Achilles

Rough_Rock
Here are the specs on the 1.05
I have the specs on the 1.25 at home and will post later
GIA Report
Shape: Round
Meas: 6.65-6.69x3.90
Weight: 1.05
Depth: 58.5%
Table: 60%
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: EX
Symmetry: EX
Clarity: VS1
Color: D
Fluor: None

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would choose an ideal cut stone over a non-ideal any day, but by the numbers i wouldn''t consider that 1.05 to be ideal.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
belle's right the 1.05 would not be considered ideal going by the specs. Who told you it was ideal??

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Yep, that is what I was saying-Too many diamond sellers claim their rocks are "ideal" when they are anything but. The word ideal means different things to different venders. The poor consumer simply believes what they are told.

If both cuts were equal I would want the D as I like icy white rocks and I could probably tell the color diff. Besides a 1.05 is a great size to me.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''d go for the 1.05 D. A friend of mine was talking about 2 of her friends who had gotten engaged. One had a larger but not as white diamond and the other had a whiter smaller diamond. A 3rd friend (who isnt engaged and doesnt know about diamonds and didnt mean any harm) said "wow, yours looks yellow compared to hers".

Have you looked at F colored stones b/w 1-1.25 ct? Or H? Does it have to jump down to I? Have you tried checking out whiteflash, they have TONS of diamonds to fit all sorts of specifications. Although I''m not buying, I like to go on and play around to see what I could get for how much haha
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results