shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to look at old cuts in the Boston area?

Huldak

Shiny_Rock
I've had a wonderful time viewing everyone's gorgeous old cuts here, but I want to see some in person. Anyone know of a place in the Boston area I could visit?

Thanks!

Melanie

SB621

Ideal_Rock
No not really. I would call around to some antique stores to see if they have anything but be forwarned that most people may or may not be aknowledgeable about them.

Can you go to NYC? Adam at Old World Diamonds is wonderful. Plus you can see other options (some not so reputatible) in the diamond district.

Huldak

Shiny_Rock
Thanks and that's a great suggestion. I plan to visit GOG and I completely forgot Old World Diamonds would be nearby. Today I stopped at Shreve Crump & Lowe, they had a few OECs. Not many and the information they were able to provide was minimal, but it was enough to confirm that I do prefer the OEC over the MRB, and that's all I really wanted from the field trip anyway.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I would try EB Horn in Downtown Crossing. I got my first OEC there. I bet if you call them ahead of time, they could look in their inventory and pull out what you're looking for.

Huldak

Shiny_Rock
Thanks sweetpea! I'll do that.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
E.B. Horn is fab - I've had seven wonderful items from there, at super-competitive prices. I've posted most of them in SMTB! I've always had the best prices from Irene.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I went shopping at jeweler's row, they had access to all kinds of diamonds, but EB horn is known for their antiques

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results