shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond District, NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovemygirlfriend

Rough_Rock
Can someone give me some info on the Daimond District in NYC. Are there prices better than those found on this sites searches? Where are good places to go. Tips?

second question (off topic)

I have been set on H&A diamonds, but if I wanted to increase ct size, without sacrificing in color or clarity, what method would you suggest. Which diamond still perform well (sparkle) even though they are not labelled H&A. Am I pretty much safe if it is certified and has ideal symmetry and polish or excellent?

thanks

-Kiel

ilovemygirlfriend

Rough_Rock
Anyone?

This woud be helpful becuase I am heading to NYC in 2 weeks.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
you are far better off searching through a price scope vendor and buying that way. the diamond district is an overwhelming and insconssistent place. you will get the most for your money from an e-vendor like dirt cheap diamonds or whiteflash

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The the NYC diamond district is an interesting circus. It appeals to some people more than others. There are lots of jewelers there and some are excellent. There''s also a significant number of sharks. If you are not a NYC local, I see very little reason to shop there unless you like the atmosphere. Similar quality is available for similar prices with far less hastle elsewhere, both online and off. The high sales tax in manhattan will more than offset the fedex fee that you are saving by going there to buy.

I''m not sure I understand your second questions. Yes, there are lovely stones that don''t display the h&a pattern. If you like the h&a look, you should probably stick with stones that are labeled as such. It''s possible to find one where the jeweler didn''t notice but, for the most part, the cutters who are producing these stones do so quite deliberately and they use it as a selling point.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

skimmy

Rough_Rock
"circus" is a fitting word for the diamond district in NYC.
1.gif

and while it may be a circus, it can be valuable experience. i was looking for an asscher and as most will tell you, asschers should be seen in person to be properly judged. personally, i didn''t feel comfortable buying online (but that''s just me).
3.gif
there are a couple of e-vendors here on pricescope that come HIGHLY recommended and i think a personal recommendation means much more than just dollars and cents.

for me, i only saw the vendors in the diamond district who came with recommendations. if you would like to PM me, i''d be more than happy to share with you who i met with. (in the end, i would only recommend a handful.) you can also find on pricescope that many people have had great experiences with mark turnowski at engagementringsdirect.com. and he''s located in the diamond district if you''d like to meet with him. he was extremely nice and helpful...and actually i couldn''t beat his price per carat.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Isn''t Good Old Gold in the NY area?

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
They are in Long Island.

Postal Address
Good Old Gold
5278 Sunrise Highway
Massapequa Park, NY 11762
(516) 798-5151

Many Pscopers SING their praises!
Very upfront, lots of valueable info!
Worth a drive if you''re going out there.
28.gif

DOC TOO

Rough_Rock
I purchased my Diamond in the NYC diamond district. But first I did the background work on Pricescope, and had it shipped to a PC vendor for a "TRUE" touch and feel. Did NOT do business with the steet vendors, had shipped to ERD.Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results