shape
carat
color
clarity

1910-1920s blue zircon brooch!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Fellow vintage lovers...I would like to share this beautiful filigree brooch that I found!

Specs:
approx 2.5ct blue zircon, 8.2 x 6.8 x 5.75mm
2 brilliant (flashes kind of like an OEC around the edges, but pavilion is definitely brilliant cut) G-H SI1 0.2ct diamonds
1 5/8in x 1/2in 14k gorgeous metal filigree... :love:

I bought it for the zircon, to put into a ring but I would like to replace it with something else in the middle so I can wear it as a necklace occasionally because the piece is too beautiful to sell (or heaven forbid, scrap :errrr:)

Now...pictures! ::)

Pseudo handshot ;))
_4573.jpg

_4574.jpg

_4575.jpg

myprofile.jpg

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
its gorgeous!! id be tempted to keep it as it is. slip it onto a chain and wear as a necklace

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Woah! Please consider keeping it as is! It'd make an awesome pendant vertically!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Ah, but I totally bought this for the zircon!!! :blackeye: I will replace the zircon with something for sure...probably another colored stone down the road. I'd love a criss cut so I think that would be perfect! 8x6 seems like a standard size so it shouldn't be hard to find, just gotta decide what color. I am in need of a competent jeweler who can take it out without ruining the rest of it so hopefully that won't be a problem ::)

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
An emerald shape criss cut would be eyecatching! And you can go with any colour in this piece. IMO, a red stone would be amazing!

I have to say I'm super jealous that you found such an awesome piece. I keep envisioning it on a long white gold necklace.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Love it! I agree, you'll have no problem finding another stone to put in there with those calibrated specs. Nice find!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
can't wait to see how the reset of the zircon comes out, as well as the pendant project too!

alyssak

Rough_Rock
I think that the pin and the stone are lovely! I have only just begun to look at colored stones in detail in real life and I have to say that I was surprised at how amazing zircons were in real life. You'll have a lovely ring. I also think a red stone would look wonderful and classic in that pin / pendant.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous!

liz

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I still covet this brooch...ME WANT!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! Great Find!!!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys! ::) In the process now of getting quotes...very undecided about some of the details but I have the basic idea down, just need to figure out how much I *really* want to spend on it!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
BelleJoaillerie|1365539886|3423510 said:
Filigree brooches from this period, if they didn't have a diamond in the center, they usually had a sapphire or a ruby. But to replace your blue zircon (which I love) with either of those stones would be costly. I have seen them also with an amethyst or a citrine or a garnet..and they would be much more reasonably priced. Show us your blue zircon ring after it's completed!

Thanks for those tips! I haven't decided what color I want to replace it with...for budget reasons I may have to go with some wink stones, and unfortunately won't be able to discuss that here. I will likely be posting the completed ring in CS/SMTB so look out for it there ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results