shape
carat
color
clarity

Found some nice diamonds! Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandanop

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

I have gone back and forth so many times on stones. I have been treated VERY well by Denise over at whiteflash. I did a quote request on pricewatch and recieved a variety of responses. I was most happy with whiteflash, though many vendors went out of thier way to provide a list of diamonds that met my needs. One vendor pro0vided a list that was COMPLETELY different than my needs. That freaked me out, so I didn't even visit the website.

How do people feel about whiteflash?

I had all but decided on a ring based on it's AGS report. The report barely showed an inclusion. Unfortunatekly, after loking at the picture more closely, it turned out that there were two rather significant black inclusionsat the edge of the table. The cert didn't seem very accurate. In any case, Denise sent me 5 more diamonds that fit my needs and I think I have narrowed it down to 2. One gets a 1.2 on teh HCS and the other gets a 1.4. Which is better? Higher or lower? I have yet to see a stone that gets 4 excellents ratings on the HCA.

Here are two that interest me. What do you think?

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Diamond_Details.aspx?idno=1105229

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Diamond_Details.aspx?idno=754538

Anything glaringly bad? Are the deals ok? I think Whiteflash gives a 5% discount if I wire money. Has anyone wired money to whiteflash? Should I be scared?

Am I missing out by favoring whiteflash?

Thanks!

Pete

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pete,
Many people here on PS have been very pleased with White Flash. I am currently working with Lesley on finding some H&A''s for diamond stud earrings. Their quality and prices are very good. I''m sure more people will chime on and tell of their experiences dealing with White Flash. Good luck!
35.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
WF is very reputable and both those stones look lovely. I doubt you''ll see any difference between a 1.2 and a 1.4, so I''d just go with whichever they recommend.

cmargosi

Rough_Rock
I worked with Denise and Lesley at Whiteflash on a diamond I just purchased. I did not end up buying from them (I found a stone locally that I fell in love with), but I would have bought from them without reservation. They got one stone in for me and refused to sell it to me because they did not like the look and it was an SI2 but not eye clean. How much better can you get for that for honesty! I would have wired money to them after that experience. You may want to get the points, though!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i would pick #1

base on the sarin report #1 looks like a really tight cut stone plus i like the smaller table % but, talk to WF and hear what they have to say about both stones.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Both are beautiful. This is a win win decision. #1 seems to have the edge, tho. Tighter angles. But I agree with Dancing Fire. Chat with the folks at WF and get their impressions of both diamonds.
1.gif

brandanop

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your comments. Pricescope came back with the same info. Denise had Leon check out teh two stones. He said that stone 1 was cleaner. It looks like that could be the one. I am having second thoughts about spending so much $$ though. I am cosidering lowering from G color to I color to save some money. I have seen a difference of $1000-$2000 per stone. I know it varies from stone to stone, but seeing that I will likely go H&A, will I notice the I color less?

Pete

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results