shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally Got One -- My 1920's French Cut Eternity Ring!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Missy -- Thanks for the sizing beads suggestion. I'm a little worried they would be uncomfortable -- are they not? And they don't make the ring stick out any less, do they?

Dreamer -- You will see it very soon!!

ksmom -- Your band is sheer perfection. I have never seen a more perfect french cut band in my life!!!

Staci -- Thanks! I remember you saying that you liked my OEC with this band several months ago. I'm very grateful it hadn't sold. These thinner french cut bands seem particularly hard to find.

Tuffyluvr -- Yes, that is a German Shepherd in my avatar. He died almost 7 years ago, but we absolutely adored him and I can't give him up as my avatar photo. GS dogs have such amazing capacity to connect to their owners!!!

DS -- I've been following your thread in RT and hope you are getting close to finding The One!!!

Thanks to everyone else for their kind comments and enthusiasm about this band!!!

If anyone is interested in the band I returned, here are a couple of pics. It's beautiful, too, and the stones are magnificent! It was just a little too much for me, but it's an amazing band. Stats are as follows -- 3 cttw, platinum, 1920's, size 5.75.

_5130.jpg

_5131.jpg

photo-2-2.jpg

lisamarie

Shiny_Rock
I'm so jealous! I actually inquired about this exact band via 1stdibs but unfortunately it was 2 sizes too big for me.

Congrats!!! It's gorgeous!

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous. I just love french cuts. They make me go nuts!! :loopy:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Demelza|1365056084|3419958 said:
Missy -- Thanks for the sizing beads suggestion. I'm a little worried they would be uncomfortable -- are they not? And they don't make the ring stick out any less, do they?

ksmom -- Your band is sheer perfection. I have never seen a more perfect french cut band in my life!!!

Staci -- Thanks! I remember you saying that you liked my OEC with this band several months ago. I'm very grateful it hadn't sold. These thinner french cut bands seem particularly hard to find.

Tuffyluvr -- Yes, that is a German Shepherd in my avatar. He died almost 7 years ago, but we absolutely adored him and I can't give him up as my avatar photo. GS dogs have such amazing capacity to connect to their owners!!!

DS -- I've been following your thread in RT and hope you are getting close to finding The One!!!

Thanks to everyone else for their kind comments and enthusiasm about this band!!!

If anyone is interested in the band I returned, here are a couple of pics. It's beautiful, too, and the stones are magnificent! It was just a little too much for me, but it's an amazing band. Stats are as follows -- 3 cttw, platinum, 1920's, size 5.75.

Demelza, so comfortable I don't even know they're there. And I'm the princess and the pea-just ask my dh lol. I feel every little bump, knot etc but I am not aware of the sizing beads when I am wearing the ring. I have the small beads so not sure if that makes a difference as they come in a few sizes. As to if the ring sticks out less-well, I don't know if it is an optical illusion but it seems look better with them vs not with them if that makes sense. When I first tried the ring without them it looked like it stuck out too much but with the beads it looks (and fits ofc) better. I have a shot somewhere. Let me see if I can find it. Here's a couple of close up pics. I know, I didn't think they would be comfortable but they are. I just cannot say for sure you would feel the same way but just wanted to share that option because it worked out so well for me. If it helps I added a pic showing the band with my ER and how it sticks out. IRL you cannot really see the discrepancy but in pics you can.

I really love your new band Demelza and I'm so happy for you! I know how long you were looking for the perfect match and you have certainly found it!!! Gorgeous!!! :love:

_5133.jpg

_5134.jpg

_5135.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love it! :love:

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
missy|1365067450|3419986 said:

Demelza, so comfortable I don't even know they're there. And I'm the princess and the pea-just ask my dh lol. I feel every little bump, knot etc but I am not aware of the sizing beads when I am wearing the ring. I have the small beads so not sure if that makes a difference as they come in a few sizes. As to if the ring sticks out less-well, I don't know if it is an optical illusion but it seems look better with them vs not with them if that makes sense. When I first tried the ring without them it looked like it stuck out too much but with the beads it looks (and fits ofc) better. I have a shot somewhere. Let me see if I can find it. Here's a couple of close up pics. I know, I didn't think they would be comfortable but they are. I just cannot say for sure you would feel the same way but just wanted to share that option because it worked out so well for me. If it helps I added a pic showing the band with my ER and how it sticks out. IRL you cannot really see the discrepancy but in pics you can.

I really love your new band Demelza and I'm so happy for you! I know how long you were looking for the perfect match and you have certainly found it!!! Gorgeous!!! :love:

Thanks, Missy! Sigh, I just love looking at your OEC!!! Everything about it is sublime from the stone to the setting. I will definitely look into sizing beads. I assume they can take them out once they're put in?

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, I think I have died and went to french cut heaven. I love the eternity and it looks perfect with your set!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Demelza|1365101103|3420245 said:
missy|1365067450|3419986 said:

Thanks, Missy! Sigh, I just love looking at your OEC!!! Everything about it is sublime from the stone to the setting. I will definitely look into sizing beads. I assume they can take them out once they're put in?

Awww, thanks Demelza! I love your rings too!!!
The sizing beads are easy to remove. It was a perfect solution for me. However make sure your jeweler is OK with you having the sizing beads put in since you will be trading it for the proper size once he gets it in. I cannot imagine he would have a problem with it but just to be 100% sure. I hope this works for you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the new band! I think I actually prefer the french cuts in the smaller size - that even surprises me!

It's beautiful and looks great with your ering - congrats on another great find!!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and sheer perfection with your other rings! :love:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thats such place holder! Its a super pretty ring and I too, like the look of the smaller sized frenchies.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DEMELZA!!! How did I miss this....asleep at the wheel! Oh :love: :love: :love: love this.....

Are you going to do the sizing beads? There's a band I'm dreaming of that is a size too big.... Loved Missy's example!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Seriously, those proportions are just exquisite with your ring! :love:

himni

Shiny_Rock
I love french cut eternities, yours is beautiful, you can wear it alone or with other rings. Love it!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Random question, but I am so nervous about the comfort of the one I am having made. It is also ~3cts. Did you have discomfort between your fingers b/c of the size or was it just too much for pairing it with your ERing? Thanks for posting the pics of the other ring!

FWIW, I have a little horseshoe piece in my E Ring to prevent spinning and it was comfortable (I have had beads too...you forget about them if they are positioned correctly). I can post a pic if you would like. It may help??

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
vinjewels said:
Random question, but I am so nervous about the comfort of the one I am having made. It is also ~3cts. Did you have discomfort between your fingers b/c of the size or was it just too much for pairing it with your ERing? Thanks for posting the pics of the other ring!

FWIW, I have a little horseshoe piece in my E Ring to prevent spinning and it was comfortable (I have had beads too...you forget about them if they are positioned correctly). I can post a pic if you would like. It may help??

That's exciting you're having one made! To be honest, I found it just a bit uncomfortable between my fingers, but I don't know if that means all bands with that carat weight will be as deep. The rise off the finger was 2.3mm and it was 3.7mm wide. For me, I realized that I just prefer my rings to have a very low profile. I suspect I could have gotten used to it, but it was just too much with my other rings. I really hope your band works out for you!

Thanks for the offer to post the pic. I think I'm okay with the bad as is for now. It fits very nicely with my OEC eternity and doesn't bug me being much too big.

Circe -- In my mind, you are the queen of french cuts, so a compliment from you means a lot! And thank you a ton for all your help with this one!

MGR -- Yes, I think I prefer them in the smaller size, too. That really surprised me as well!

Mayk -- I think I'm going to hold off on sizing beads for now. What band do you have your eye on??

Chel, TLB, and himni -- THANKS for the kind words!!!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Demelza! So you did find something at the antique show!! I did stop by the CES booth but I was looking at honkers instead :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Congrats! We should troll the aisles together next year :naughty:

Wear in happiness :)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful and dainty! Can you tell us what mm width the new one is? I'm eventually going to get one, too, and wonder what the best width would be as a a wear alone vs a stacking band?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
HeartingDiamonds|1365273940|3421507 said:
Demelza! So you did find something at the antique show!! I did stop by the CES booth but I was looking at honkers instead :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Congrats! We should troll the aisles together next year :naughty:

Wear in happiness :)

I actually didn't find this at the show -- I saw it at their store. Singlestone was the only vendor at the show who had french cut eternity rings and, alas, the one vintage band they had was not in my size. We should DEFINITELY troll the aisles together next year! I will look forward to it!

mom2boys said:
How beautiful and dainty! Can you tell us what mm width the new one is? I'm eventually going to get one, too, and wonder what the best width would be as a a wear alone vs a stacking band?

I don't know the exact width, but I would guess somewhere in the 2-2.3mm range. The larger band I had for a day was 3.7mm wide and that was definitely better as a stand alone band. I thought I would prefer the look of larger french cuts and they were indeed gorgeous stones, but the bulk of the band just didn't work for me. I am going to keep my eye out for another slimmer french cut band because I just love the special sparkle they put out!

Mayk said:
Delmeza,

I love this one.. but my left hand is 5.75... and that is where I would like to wear it...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/1-40ctw-platinum-baguette-diamond-eternity-band-sz-7-25-t187619.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/1-40ctw-platinum-baguette-diamond-eternity-band-sz-7-25-t187619.html[/URL]

So I guess.. I will have to keep looking.. :naughty: I am supposed to be in time out anyway... but its' fun to look. :bigsmile:

Pretty band! I love baguettes!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much! That was exactly what I was looking for. The jeweler doing the wax was asking about the thickness the other day. Now I have some idea of what I don't want to go over if possible. The smaller FCs (IMO) do have a different look than the larger stones. Again, I just think yours is perfection!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You finally got one..! Haha congrats! DIBS on your OMC band tho, hehe.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Mara|1365355014|3422023 said:
You finally got one..! Haha congrats! DIBS on your OMC band tho, hehe.

Yup, you knew it was just a matter of time! My other band is yours if I ever sell --- just like your sapphire band is mine if you ever sell. Deal?

And just for fun, here is a picture of my OEC with a plain yellow gold band (threw that in there as an experiment) and my engraved platinum band. This is how I wear it since trading in my two single cut bands for the french cut band.

_5285.jpg

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Especially paired with your OEC ering! That stone Is stunning! Wow!!! :love: enjoy it! ::) love all your bands!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results