shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perl8429

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,
Is there a general rule for what percentage the depth of a cushion brilliant 1ct stone should be?
Also..is there a general rule for what percentage the table of a cushion brilliant 1ct stone should be?

thanks
perl

chantheman

Rough_Rock
Here's a little bump for you.
4.gif

perl8429

Rough_Rock
Thanks!
emsmile.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
There aren''t real cushion standards, but at a guess I''d put the table % from the lower 50s to no larger than 65% preferably, and the depth between 60-70%.

perl8429

Rough_Rock
WOW...I''m a bit concerned now? The diamond I am interested in has a
Depth%: 62.9%
Table%: 61%
L/W Ratio: 1.01

Measurement: 5.90 - 5.96 x 3.71
Carat weight: 1.01
Cut: Good
Color: J
Clarity: VS2
L/W Ratio: 1.01
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Very Good
Girdle: Medium to Very Thick, Faceted
Culet: Medium

Is this an good diamond? According to the GIA certificate, the cut is good.

What do you think? I''m so confused?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
have you SEEN this diamond? i''m pretty sure you''ve been told before- you MUST MUST MUST see the cushion to know if it is a pretty diamond. there are no set standards like there are for RB.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Can you get some light performance analysis from the Vendor?? An Ideal Scope image, or other testing to give you an idea of how the diamond will perform?? That might help.
1.gif

perl8429

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I don''t have the opportunity to see the stone since the vendor is no where close to me,...so I am trusting the GIA certificate...which says GOOD cut, which is one below the highest PREMIUM cut. Luckily they have a return policy....but I don''t wnat to deal with that hassel....

thanks again
1.gif

perl8429

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results