shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Halo Emerald Ring-Want to replace emerald w/sapphire

msbibliotecaria

Rough_Rock
I recently bought a vintage emerald ring with a halo of diamonds. I don't know exactly what time period the ring was made. It is currently a size 7 ring, 10k white gold (stamped 10k) with a small emerald and 14 round diamonds. I think the emerald is about 4mm x 5mm, maybe smaller. It has seen better days for sure. It is very opaque and has some 'jardin' and probably some nicks. I have not had the ring professionally cleaned or inspected yet. What I really want to do is take out the emerald and put in a sapphire. I would like a violet or lavender colored natural sapphire, but can't find one small enough or the right shape for it. I have a jeweler that I trust, but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or leads as to where I could go or if this would even be doable?? Maybe just a reputable place where I can source a sapphire candidate.

What I love the most about the ring is the basket (is that what it's called?) design with all the open scroll work. I've also thought of just replacing the emerald with another emerald, but I'm really crazy about violet sapphires and I think they are more durable for every day use (this is a RHR). First pics are ones I took, the others are from the seller I got it from. Thanks!

photo_3_1_.jpg
emeraldring1.jpg
emeraldring2.jpg
emeraldring3.jpg
emeraldring4.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results