shape
carat
color
clarity

Are there any other plus-size LIW??

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
I'm over 320 lbs. And have been overweight obese most of my life. I really want to lose 100 lbs. in the next 14 months and am needing some support. I feel like I'm the only one. I'm so embarrassed I let myself get this way. I've always wanted to get healthy and have lost 30 lbs a couple times but lost motivation and gained it back. My best friend has been taking these pills for 4 months and has already lost 50 lbs.I'm desperate enough to go that route but right now I'm breastfeeding and I probably will be until next year. I paid up a gym membership for a full year and I've started juicing. I'm trying to do just juicing, smoothies, and soups for the next few months and workout 4 days a week. It would help to know I'm not alone.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
That's a great goal! One thing I tell my patients to help make it seem more manageable is to break up that long term goal into smaller short term goals so it seems more feasible to reach each one. So for example, your first goal could be to lose 10 pounds in one month. I really encourage you to not resort to pills for weight loss (prescription or not) since many times it can be difficult to keep the weight off once you stop taking the pills. Long term weight loss is accomplished through small changes in your lifestyle or diet. Have you posted with the ladies here yet? [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/liw-bootcamp.117933/page-29']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/liw-bootcamp.117933/page-29[/URL]

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Ms_Lovely|1365099300|3420230 said:
I'm over 320 lbs. And have been overweight obese most of my life. I really want to lose 100 lbs. in the next 14 months and am needing some support. I feel like I'm the only one. I'm so embarrassed I let myself get this way. I've always wanted to get healthy and have lost 30 lbs a couple times but lost motivation and gained it back. My best friend has been taking these pills for 4 months and has already lost 50 lbs.I'm desperate enough to go that route but right now I'm breastfeeding and I probably will be until next year. I paid up a gym membership for a full year and I've started juicing. I'm trying to do just juicing, smoothies, and soups for the next few months and workout 4 days a week. It would help to know I'm not alone.

The gym membership is a very positive first step! I agree with pandabee - set small goals for yourself and celebrate (not with food but maybe with other small things like manicures or accessories) when you hit those goals. I've read that 30 minutes of physical activity per day makes all the difference.

Keep a food journal and track the number of calories you've consumed each day. That really helps. You'll feel bad writing down the bad foods you've consumed, so you'll start avoiding them.

You're definitely not alone in your weight loss quest! And we're here for you!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I've had a few friends have a lot of success with the BodyBugg system. I think it might be a little pricey to get started but what makes it so great is that it tracks calories burned and consumed. You still have to be really good about tracking your food, but you enter it into the computer and then you plug the BodyBugg into the computer and you can see if you're positive or negative for the day. The bottom line is that burning more calories than you consume will lead to weight loss. My friend would upload her info when she got done with work and if she was still positive she would try to squeeze in another walk or run or some kind of excercise for the day. She lost weight steadily over time and in a really healthy way.

I would also caution against doing the liquid/juice/soup diet on your own. At my old job I had a boss that lost a significant amount of weight on a liquid diet, but she did it under the close watch/care of her physician. It worked for her but seemed pretty extreme and I was glad she had her doctor monitoring it.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
BeeCushion|1365108142|3420338 said:
I would also caution against doing the liquid/juice/soup diet on your own. At my old job I had a boss that lost a significant amount of weight on a liquid diet, but she did it under the close watch/care of her physician. It worked for her but seemed pretty extreme and I was glad she had her doctor monitoring it.

I agree. I think a liquid diet is something that shouldn't be sustained for more than two weeks. It gets really hard to adhere to after that and it's really easy to fall off the wagon. I think since you're aiming for gradual, yet drastic and prolonged, weight loss, you should try to find a diet that is easier to stick to.

Have you considered seeing a nutritionist? I know diet plans sound like something that you can google, but I think seeing a nutritionist will help you with mapping out a sound diet plan.

I hate to admit that I tried the lemonade diet (made popular by Beyonce) a few years ago. I lasted all of 12 hours. :roll:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
If you're breast feeding you need to make sure you're fulfilling your nutritional needs--both for you and your baby. If you're only consuming juice/smoothies you might not be getting proper nutrition. As others suggested, seeing a nutritionist would be a very wise idea.

If you're not feeling good about yourself, it's really tempting to try and lose the weight as fast as possible. Fad diets are popular, but they just aren't sustainable. A diet that restrictive will be really tough to stick to, and it's hard to keep the weight off too. Your target should be about 2lbs per week. Maybe a bit more at first.

The ultimate equation to lose weight is calories in versus calories expended. I have an app on my phone called mynetdiary. You can enter your weight loss goals and it will generate a plan for you. There is a food journal so you can track what you've eaten and make sure you're staying on target.

As cliché as it sounds, losing weight and keeping it off is really a lifestyle change. Keep healthy low-calorie foods on hand so you don't get too hungry and binge, take your baby for a walk every day. You'll be surprised what a difference those small changes make. You just have to be patient and stay with the plan to see results. I agree with PandaBee, setting small goals and accomplishing them can be more gratifying. When you accomplish one, you will feel really good about yourself and that will help to keep you motivated.

Most importantly, you should feel good about yourself: strong and healthy. Inside and out. Happiness will not be achieved once you get to a certain weight. And thinking that way is setting yourself up for disappointment. I love this quote--so true in all aspects of life: "reality minus expectations equals happiness."

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
My advice on dieting is to not do something that is too hard (ie liquid diet). You won't stick to it and you'll be hungry all the time. I advise using a tracking method such as myfitnesspal.com and trying to have a well balanced diet. Cut out as much prepackaged and processed food as possible and turn to fruits and nuts for snacks. Drink lots of water. Myfitnesspal rewards your exercise with more food calories, so you'll be motivated to exercise more. And you can add friends on it to help motivate you.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely wish you the very best on positive changes! :)

I will say that I had a friend try the liquid diet thing and while she lost about 20 lbs at first, it just wasn't practical for her lifestyle (read: she kept cheating...and I didn't blame her!) and gained the weight back. If you can do ti though (and with medical supervision) good for you! That would be so hard to do and I couldn't possibly do it. Regardless of what you do, I hope you have a good journey getting to your ideal weight and feeling fabulous! :wavey:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Don't pay for a fitness app. I like My fitness pal. You can track your calories and exercise and it's all simple. Every food is in their data bank. They'll do all the math for you.

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
100 pounds may sound outrageous, but it is really less than two pounds a week over a year. That is a lofty goal, but a doable one!

Walk. Just walk around your neighborhood, from the car to the store, everywhere you can. Take the baby with you and just walk until you can't walk anymore.

Also, free calorie counting apps are amazing, and really tell you a lot about how you eat, how much work it takes to burn off what you eat, and offers a lot of support and tips from others in the same boat as you. I can't say enough about myfitnesspal.com. Love it. I haven't lost as dramatically as I hoped I would, but it's steadily coming off little by little and small changes can make a big difference! It makes you accountable and you learn a lot.

My mom has successfully been on the liquid diet (supervised by her doctor and our hospital weekly) and has lost over 40 pounds in eight weeks. It works for some, but not for me. I need FOOD! And I would DEFINITELY not recommend it while you're breast-feeding.

One last thing - take a jar, and add change or a dollar to it whenever you work out. Weekly or monthly or whenever you feel like it, reward yourself with something. This kind of lifestyle change is the hardest thing you will ever do. I mean that. It's been the hardest thing for me and I'm nowhere near where I want to be yet.

You can do this! Don't lose hope for more than a few minutes at a time! :appl: :razz: :D Hugs!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I just downloaded MyFitnessPal and am going to try it out!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
First thing you need to do is talk to your doctor! Especially since you just had a baby. The doc will guide you on the right path for weight loss.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
sortmon|1365277772|3421542 said:
I just downloaded MyFitnessPal and am going to try it out!

I've been on this app for almost a week and it's quite good. I've lost 2 lbs (though I don't know if my starting weight was quite accurate)! I feel more accountable about what and how much I'm eating because I have to put it in this food journal.

As a disclaimer, I'm not plus-size but I'm about 10 lbs from where I want to be ideally.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I have been using the 'Lose It' app. It is really great because you set up current weight, a goal weight, and how many pounds per week you want to lose (the most is 2) and then it tells you how many calories you should consume each day to meet your goal. So far I am down about 15 lbs in the last 2 months but SO and I have also started eating mainly Paleo. Basically we cut out all dairy, gluten, and processed foods and now mainly stick to fruits, vegetables, and meat. Its been really hard and I have about 25 lbs more to go before I am at my ideal weight but its crazy how much energy you can have when you eat the foods your body needs. I have been walking about a mile a day, sometimes more, sometimes less which I think has also helped.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I love the app and I think it holds me accountable for what I am doing.

Oh and to stay sane, we have a cheat day each week. :bigsmile:

Good luck to everyone trying to lose! We can do this!!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
How are you hanging in there, Ms Lovely? Did you get started on any sort of dietary changes or workout routines? I'm ready to cheer you on!! :appl: :D

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
FancyPantsSparkles|1366820899|3433740 said:
How are you hanging in there, Ms Lovely? Did you get started on any sort of dietary changes or workout routines? I'm ready to cheer you on!! :appl: :D

Agreed! Updates please :bigsmile: :appl:

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
Well, I've started using The Fresh 20 and E meals. I haven't made anything from the Emeals site yet, but I'm subscribed to the vegetarian recipes for the fresh 20 and have done 3 weeks and I think it's great. My poor honey isn't in love yet, but he's been a real trooper and trying to go along with it ;-)

I haven't been getting any exercise, though :???: I really need to get my butt off the couch...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results