Premium
It'll be here tomorrow. Can't wait! Gonna wear my baby bezels to match. :love:

dbty1.jpg

dbty2.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty--BGD did a great job!!!

BTW, I would change the name of your images to protect your privacy!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I thought about that as soon as I saw the name on them. Let me try to do that...

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting! Post some neck shots for us tomorrow!!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will! Wish I had a little tan.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Dear Santa,

Hahahaha, that didn't work last time!
Congrats on your new blingaling!!!! Can I have your 5 stone now?

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! Looking forward to seeing more pictures after its arrival! :appl:

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT, you are too funny! My five stone would be the one piece I would NOT give up! :love:

meredeth, thanks - I can't wait to see it this morning myself!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi katiedid.....what length and what size diamonds? I am looking for one myself and would love to see more of it. BTW......i believe we are pretty close in location if i remember correctly. I am in NC. :wavey:

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Taylorbug! Yes, I'm in NC too. Waiting for SPRING to get here!

This is the standard DBTY from BGD. From my invoice:

7 Hand made bezels equally spaced on a 16" fine cable chain featuring 7 x .07
(approx. 0.50 ctw) F/ G VS Brian Gavin Signature melee diamonds.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The necklace is indeed beautiful! Very dainty, thin bezels, the stones are little but very sparkly. I could NOT get a decent neck shot. I tried - I really did! But I thought I'd add this one until I can hopefully get a better one.

dbty3.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's so pretty!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rosebloom - I think the stones were all upside down in that photo! Still sparkly though!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, wear it in good health!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Now that's my kind of necklace!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! Just in time for some t-shirt weather to show it off.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Great point about t-shirt weather! My hubby said "ooo that's pretty. Such cute little bitty diamonds." I was like :angryfire:

Kidding aside, they are TINY but pretty. I wish I'd been able to do the 15 pointers. That will be my next project!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Katiedid, your necklace is beautiful! I'd love to see a neck shot if you can swing it.

Now that you have it, is there anything you would have done differently? Are you happy with the length of the chain and the spacing of the stones?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your DBTY looks perfect, Katiedid!! I hope you can get a neck shot to share --- would love to see it sparkling away on your lovely neck!!

I love that size - they look like they'd really twinkle beautifully as they flip and move around - very nice!!! Enjoy!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty katie! Enjoy :))

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all!
Okie, to answer your questions... The length of the chain (16") is perfect for me. I don't think I'd want it any longer. If I could do anything differently - yes - a few things:

I'd get bigger stones. These are tiny (7 pts each). I wish I'd had the funds to do 10 pts each - even if it meant I only did 5 stones instead of 7.

I'd ask for the bezels to be made a little thicker. I normally love the fine bezels that BGD does, but on stones this small, you really need a thicker bezel to bump up the size a little.

I would probably have them weighted more towards the front instead of evenly spaced. Mine doesn't really turn around on my neck, so I have 2 stones on the back of my neck that are not seen. I could probably have had 5 stones instead of 7 and had them start a little further from the clasp at the back.

I will attach a neck shot - I've had a really hard time getting one. Hopefully you can get a sense of what it looks like IRL.

img_1093_2.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
katiedid|1365096241|3420196 said:
Thank you all!
Okie, to answer your questions... The length of the chain (16") is perfect for me. I don't think I'd want it any longer. If I could do anything differently - yes - a few things:

I'd get bigger stones. These are tiny (7 pts each). I wish I'd had the funds to do 10 pts each - even if it meant I only did 5 stones instead of 7.

I'd ask for the bezels to be made a little thicker. I normally love the fine bezels that BGD does, but on stones this small, you really need a thicker bezel to bump up the size a little.

I would probably have them weighted more towards the front instead of evenly spaced. Mine doesn't really turn around on my neck, so I have 2 stones on the back of my neck that are not seen. I could probably have had 5 stones instead of 7 and had them start a little further from the clasp at the back.

I will attach a neck shot - I've had a really hard time getting one. Hopefully you can get a sense of what it looks like IRL.

Great advice about short dbty necklace design!

If you want shorter diamond spacing with all the dbty's placed close to front, you can go to a local jeweler for the change, which should be an easy fix. The jeweler simply removes some chain links and place them in the back near the clasp.

For length of bare chain sections near the clasp, I find 3"-4" would be ideal (that is, total bare chain length between diamonds is 6"-8"). For exact length, you need to measure it on yourself in front of a mirror.

In the future, if you want to add larger dbty's, you may consider alternating the 7-pt's with six larger dbty's.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great ideas FancyDiamond!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
It looks beautiful, katiedid! Thanks so much for answering my questions, very good advice.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Okie_girl and you're welcome!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got one more neck shot at the gym!

photo-5_2.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
For 7 pointers, they still are QUITE obvious and pack a sparkly punch :appl: I think it looks perfect on you - they must really light up as they move around!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results