shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique wedding band, 1937?

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there! :wavey: I don't normally post in the antique section, but I do a LOT of lurking here because I adore vintage jewelry! I just purchased this wedding band at a local store and was wondering if any PSers with antique knowledge could check it out and let me know what they think....I just linked my SMTB thread so I wouldn't have to repost everything. I really don't know anything about antique stuff, just that I love it and most of the things I like tend to be art deco, and 20's-30's. The shop owner wasn't there when I picked the band up, and there wasn't any info or paperwork with the ring. I was hoping to talk to the owner since she sources most of the inventory herself. At this point I don't really care about specs or anything because I love the ring...but I'm always interested if there is a backstory or if someone who is educated in this stuff knows about markings and the time period etc..

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vintage-wedding-band.187555/#post-3417143#p3417143

One pic...
bandsideinbox.jpg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Hi BeeCushion,

I'm nothing more than an enthusiast, not an expert, but your ring reminds me of the equestrian style in England in 1910-1930 (ish).

Erica Weiner had a ring that was very similar to yours, which is long since gone (sold) from her website but there remains a pin you can see, just for fun. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5066618301090012/ Do you think this looks similar?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi your ring is set with single cut diamonds and I agree with the previous poster it's either some sort of buckle in the sides which usually appears on English equestrian pieces, or other ornate buckled side. Either way it's very pretty and the whole thing looks great with your main ring!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results