shape
carat
color
clarity

I NEED HELP WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT MY BLACK PEARL PLEASE!

danigirl92

Rough_Rock
]I got a matching earring and necklace set for Christmas last year. They are sterling silver, with black pearls.
They were a gift from my father in law, he said they were real, but I don't know ANYTHING about pearls.
I can't really make out the numbers on the necklace, but I think it's 121925, or 12925, or something like that.
When he gave them to me, he had taken them out of the original packaging and put them in a really pretty lace bag.
I'm wondering who the designer is, and also what the value is.
Can anyone help me out or give me any tips please?
Thank you!
(the pictures that I attached were the best I could get, If you need more just let me know)

img_20130326_174008.jpg

img_20130326_174035.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking the 925 part is referring to the sterling silver.
In a silver setting it is likely that the pearls are dyed freshwater pearls. They do not have a high value, but they are pretty and were a thoughtful gift!

I have found that once the pearl bug bites, one inevitably wants more pearls, so congratulations on the start of your collection! :D

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
You can tell by the size , shape, color and luster they are dyed freshwater pearls. Were you looking for more pearls to add to your set or were you planning on selling them?

danigirl92

Rough_Rock
I'm not really sure yet.
I mean I already know that I want more pearls, but I want a different color.
&& thanks for all of ya'lls help!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
You should be able to find freshwater pearls in many colors , natural and dyed. Welcome to the forum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results