shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all experts in antique Edwardian rings!!

luv2lift

Rough_Rock
Hi PS's, this is my first time posting in the A&V Section, so I am excited as to what i'll learn!
I have this ring on hold:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/125371387/reserved-for-todd-1902-hallmarked-ladies

Here is what the seller told me concerning it:
Hi Todd,
I do have a return policy if you have a problem with the item in regards to how I describe it to it arrives damaged from postage but I do pack very well to avoid this. It does cost me around $20AUS to pack and post quality items which I wear in the price to save the buyer money. The only issue is that you pay the return postage cost if we agree to a return. I have not had to return an item so far as I totally believe in honest business am I am always trying to provide the most information possible and I believe in good old business ethics.
I do not know if it was hand forged but it was crafted in England in the early 1900s as it has full hallmarks with maker, city, gold stamp and date letter. I would assume it was handmade but probably from a cast.
The stone and setting are in excellent condition with no damage at all and the gold band has very little wear at all. It must have been loved and cared for very well in the past 100 years.
I was blessed to buy the ring through a reputable English dealer online and it has hallmarks for being made in Londaon in 1902.
The makers mark is LAC for Lionel Alfred Crichton who was registered in1895, which is consistent with the date letter for 1902 manufacture.

-First off, does anyone have any thoughts/concerns on this piece that I am unaware of? Id like to make sure that its a good find and that the ring validates the price, ex: it was made in 1902 London instead of the 1970's somewhere else and that it isn't just another reproduction.

-Secondly I looked up LAC and know they had 3 offices in London/5th Ave in NYC/and Chi town and specialized in fine antique silver. I didn't see any gold ring representations they did...does anyone have any interesting/useful information on them?

Thanks for any and all help!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Looks authentic to the period. I do know that some manufacturers of silver would also make items in gold so that's consistent as well.

Some other thoughts:
I hope you aren't considering this for an engagement ring. Seed pearls and even garnets are not terribly suitable for erings because they are more fragile.
The garnet is a little dark and may black out in certain lighting conditions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results