shape
carat
color
clarity

"Fireball" baroque pearls

moobasgirl

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase a nice strand (16-18 inches) of white fireball pearls (maybe around 13-18mm) as I am looking for something different and substantial but I have no idea of where to start!

I had a look at Goldsmith Kauai and they have a couple of lovely strands but I cannot even seem to find a bench-mark for pricing for these. Should they be pretty inexpensive since they are baroques?

Sorry if I seem totally uneducated in this area (I am!) - I just want something nice.

Thanks

moobasgirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much!

What size did you get? Do you have any modelling pics? They are soooooooooo gorgeous.

Do you know if PP accept custom orders? I think an all white/cream necklace would suit me best but if not, I will definately consider these.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
The first strand I got was this one, NOT from PP. It is 20 x 14 then tapers down towards the back. I loved it. Then I called PP as they sold fireballs to ask if I could get a few more pearls to add into the strand . I guess I didn't figure there was a difference in quality so any fireball pearls would work. Wrong, the huge pearl I got from PP was much glossier and was so much better quality it looks out of place. You will see it added into the front of the strand in the next picture.

fireballfirst.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Then I went to PP last year and went to the vault and selected my own strand in person. You can tell the crazy colors are really eyecatching. Guess what necklace I wear most? These pearls are smaller 13 x 13 but WOW. The metallic quality and the pearls have more colors than the eye can count, and change with the light source. You won't see anyone with your pearls on, even if you and your girlfriend each have a strand. Each pearl is a work of art, and a miracle of nature.

The pearls that are listed at PP are much larger than mine. Not for the timid. They will take a photo with multiple strands, up to three per picture I believe so you can compare strands. Yes, they do create custom orders. My friends and I have done it many times.
I bet if you ask they will put them on one of the women who work there. I have seen them model for customers. I hope you get them and love your strand.

fireballs4.jpg

fireballs1.jpg

fireballs2.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
catherine also has some interesting fireball necklaces. just use her search function and type "fireball"....

a sample: http://catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=1700

i like the mix of fireball with more round....contrast as it were. tilda swinton wore one in a movie that i thought was devine.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Sarah at Kojima Pearl had some fireballs last year. There might still be some listed on her site for comparison.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought three strands of fireballs in Shanghai this summer. Peachy-pink, white and silvery grey. I wish I bought more. :(sad I had two necklaces, one bracelet, a few pendants and a pair of earrings made with the strands-set in silver. The quality is not as good as pictured here or available at PP. However I LOVE these pearls! They are so much fun to wear and make a statement. I just saw an ad in November 2012 Town & Country mag for Yvel (www.yvel.com) and the model is wearing a 30+ inch fireball pastel necklace and earrings. Tried to access website for price but could not navigate. They are offerred through Neiman Marcus.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
NacreLover|1344288474|3246998 said:
The first strand I got was this one, NOT from PP. It is 20 x 14 then tapers down towards the back. I loved it. Then I called PP as they sold fireballs to ask if I could get a few more pearls to add into the strand . I guess I didn't figure there was a difference in quality so any fireball pearls would work. Wrong, the huge pearl I got from PP was much glossier and was so much better quality it looks out of place. You will see it added into the front of the strand in the next picture.
Who was the vendor for your first strand? It looks very nice!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interestingly I saw fireballs sold at TJ MAXX on Wabash in Chicago yesterday. A 16 inch strand with a small gold clasp for $100-not very metallic. I saw another strand very metallic white for $1200 with a diamond pave clasp and about 18=20 inches in one of the jewelry kiosks oin Jewlers Row on Wabash in Chicago.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results