shape
carat
color
clarity

measurements vs price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cms

Rough_Rock
hi, i have been reading the forum and gathered alot of good information, thank you! i have found a diamond that i am not sure about, opinions are very welcome! the depth is over the recommended %, what do you think about that, this is what the egl cert states:
Measurements: 7.97x7.9x5.07
proportions: very good
depth%: 63.8
Table Dia: 59%
crown height: 14%
Pavilion: 44%
Girdle: medium
Flour: none
finish: very good

it is a VS2, I in color, they are asking $15,850. also, it is a higher clarity and a lower color, i have heard that that is not very desirable and may not be worth as much either, what do you think about that also......i am not in a hurry for a stone, just want to find the right one, any help is very much appreciated!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Carat Weight? Shape?

I''m guessing in the 2+ carat range, Round. If so, the diamond will look small for the weight. Better cuts will have a diameter around 8.2 mm up to 8.3 mm. Meaning you would be paying for carat weight down below that doesn''t show on the top side.

As the carat weight gets higher, it gets harder and harder to find eye clean SI diamonds. If you are buying sight unseen and considering a drop shipped diamond, VS is a safer bet. I color is neither good nor bad. It just is. The amount of color that shows depends on a lot of things. Quality of cut, the hue of the rough the diamond was cut from, and your own personal color sensitivity are probably the top factors.

Do you know if this an EGL USA Cert?? EGL has a rep for being lax and inconsistent. Non EGL USA Certs aren''t very reliable at all. Many folk approach EGL stones with the anticipation that the actual color and/or clarity grade is a step lower than the Cert states. EGL Diamonds tend to trade at a discount, making accurately graded EGL diamonds a bit of a bargain. But by looking at comparable diamonds currently available thru PScope Vendors, that doesn''t seem to be the case here. This diamond is actually priced on the high end of the range of comparable I/VS2 GIA Certed diamonds.

Also, this diamond didn''t receive a very good score on the Cut Adviser. The specs you provided yielded a score of 5 with the comment of, "Good. Only if price is your main criterion". Crown and pavillion angles would provide a much more accurate score.

Hope this helps.
1.gif

cms

Rough_Rock
you are right, it is a 2.00 ct round diamond with and EGL cert

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results