shape
carat
color
clarity

Good deal for a diamond???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ctuccikaufman

Rough_Rock
Here are the specs for a diamond I am planning to purchase for $2900.

.80RB EGL USA certified
Measurements 5.95 - 5.89 x 3.69 mm
H
VS1
IDEAL PLUS
VG Sym & Pol
Depth 62.3
Table 56.0
Crown 34.9 Degrees
Pavilion 40.9 Degrees
Girdle - Medium faceted
Flour - Faint

Is this a fair price/good diamond??

Thanks.
Casey

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/13/2005 10:48:50 PM
Author:ctuccikaufman
Here are the specs for a diamond I am planning to purchase for $2900.

.80RB EGL USA certified
Measurements 5.95 - 5.89 x 3.69 mm
H
VS1
IDEAL PLUS
VG Sym & Pol
Depth 62.3
Table 56.0
Crown 34.9 Degrees
Pavilion 40.9 Degrees
Girdle - Medium faceted
Flour - Faint

Is this a fair price/good diamond??

Thanks.
Casey
Casey:

I did a search on stones based on EGl certificates that fall within the .80-.83 carat EGL H/vs1 certified stones and came back with prices ranging from $2400-$2800 dollars.

Who gave this stone the Ideal Plus designation?
33.gif

ctuccikaufman

Rough_Rock
It''s on the Egl cert. I questioned it myself and even went to the EGL USA site and typed in the cert # to be sure it was valid. It showed up on their site as ideal plus...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds great to me! Even with a bit of license for the grades (not much, according to the PS Lab Survey), the proportions remain promising and the price sounds nice too.

Actually, for the same cost this could have been H/SI1 with AGS report: like this one (photo below).

The proportions of your stone would be compatible with the AGS0 standard; perhaps the polish and symmetry would not have been grades "0" by AGS but I couldn't imagine any visual impact of that. EGL stones with "ideal" proportions come at a bit of premium over EGL-everything else (that's what the search for EGL prices finds). However,not as much as AGS0 commands. EGL does offer a bit of useful info GIA does not for now... So... why not call this a good deal ?
2.gif

7403452.jpg

Chances are your find is even cleaner. It may not have this degree op optical symmetry, but that cannot be known without seeing the piece or some comparable pictures... for what that matters.

As with any brilliant that passes the crown & pavilion angle test, there's still some chance cut could be improved, but perhaps not by a mile. If anything the weight close to a carat is a nice find and everything else looks good enough (IMO) to call the bit in for a look. It might dissapoint, but not likely. I would definitely make use of one IdealScope to check if the "ideal" proportions really do their intended work.

Just my 0.2, of course
2.gif

ctuccikaufman

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! I have been obsessing over this ring for months! (As I gather from this site - most do) Will be so glad when it is done!
face1.gif

Casey

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results