shape
carat
color
clarity

Grey Spinel Fascination

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
bluebirrrd|1362109261|3393302 said:
Hi bastetcat, I'm a fan of grey spinels too, all grey gems actually. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mastercut Gems, as Dana Reynolds cuts a lot of grey spinels including chunky antique style cuts. I bet he has things he hasn't had time to list, or maybe more rough.

Here's mine. I planned to have it set into a ring with these garnets. I have the setting and everything, but I got distracted with bigger projects and kind of stalled out (for now). It measures 6.1mm and I think the garnets are 5mm.
I haven't bought any gray spinel from Dana. I find his pictures very hard to read, so I tend to stay away.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
bluebirrrd|1362109261|3393302 said:
Hi bastetcat, I'm a fan of grey spinels too, all grey gems actually. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mastercut Gems, as Dana Reynolds cuts a lot of grey spinels including chunky antique style cuts. I bet he has things he hasn't had time to list, or maybe more rough.

Here's mine. I planned to have it set into a ring with these garnets. I have the setting and everything, but I got distracted with bigger projects and kind of stalled out (for now). It measures 6.1mm and I think the garnets are 5mm.

p9220036__640x480_.jpg

p9220028__640x481_.jpg

p9220008__640x480_.jpg

That is a lovely combo and I will also check with his site so thank you! Were you thinking of rose gold for the set?

And as an aside- OMG!!!! :love: :love: :love: The ring in your avatar!!!! Do you have a thread on it so I can ogle? :D

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Here's the thread for my opal ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-octagon-opal-ring-is-finished.176177/ It's a moody little thing, very ethereal and sensitive to changes in humidity.

No, I actually didn't consider rose gold for the 3 stone though I'm a rose gold lover. Sterling was more in my budget and so I commissioned a setting from poppyseed on DB in this style:

img_1582__640x480_.jpg

Hmmm, I resized it before uploading but it still came out huge. Sorry about that!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
bluebirrrd|1362172138|3393996 said:
Thanks! Here's the thread for my opal ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-octagon-opal-ring-is-finished.176177/ It's a moody little thing, very ethereal and sensitive to changes in humidity.

No, I actually didn't consider rose gold for the 3 stone though I'm a rose gold lover. Sterling was more in my budget and so I commissioned a setting from poppyseed on DB in this style:

img_1582__640x480_.jpg

Hmmm, I resized it before uploading but it still came out huge. Sorry about that!

thank you! (Off to ogle it now...)

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
I'm late to the game but I love grey spinel too! Grey blue, grey violet, grey silver, can't get enough of them! Pics of my grey violet spinel ring below.

spinelll.jpg

spinellll.jpg

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Another grey spinel lover here, too. I've not posted on this thread yet, as life has been crazy busy. I've got two but are they set yet - :rolleyes: I bought one from Freke (a most wonderful stone selector) that was cut by Barry and often reminds me of a grey diamond with it's dispersion.

Adore that color combo, Bastecat. :appl: I'd put that in a trellis setting for sure.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Treenbean said:
I'm late to the game but I love grey spinel too! Grey blue, grey violet, grey silver, can't get enough of them! Pics of my grey violet spinel ring below.
Love!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results