shape
carat
color
clarity

Dust for job interview?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Job interview tomorrow. Not a very well-paying job I'm afraid, and takes me back about 25 years to where I started (nursery work), but the economy in this town is pretty poor right now, and the cities/municipalities aren't hiring (except for family members).

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Taxes, and property insurance are looming.

Pros: I know the work like the back of my hand, I like to help people navigate through selection and design, I like to see the new plant introductions, nurseries usually offer a discount (which comes in handy for family and friends), I'm getting some current work references after being off for a few years. There are more, but I'm kinda tired right now.

Cons: Not much of an opportunity for growth within the organization, low pay, flexible hours/on-call/long hours.

More pros than cons though...right?

Gosh, I could sure use some wisdom right now :???:

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Dust for the interview and even more dust for making a decision you feel comfortable with.

Regarding if its the right job, only you will be able to answer that. But what are your other options? What happens if you don't get it and what happens if you do?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all sending you tons of dust so you get the job offer and then lots more dust for making the best decision for you. Sometimes a less than perfect job can help in the interim and lead the way to finding a better job. So, if you need the money and do not have any better options I see no reason not to take this for now. Doesn't mean you have to stay forever or even a long time-just until you can find a better opportunity...sending you tons of ***dust***!!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks natascha and missy :))

I think I'm having deja vu's with applying for this particular job. Not bad deja vu's mind you, just back to when I was a student. It's putting me in a weird frame of mind.

Having said that, it would be a comforting place to be...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck and DUST DUST DUST Begonia!!! I hope you get it - its always easier to find a better job, when you have one already. Just think of this as a starting point and who knows - it could turn out to be absolutely the best thing that happens! You just never know...

DUST for the interview!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lots of good luck DUST for your interview.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thank you my resilient, thick-skinned friends! :bigsmile:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck-- lots of dust coming your way!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Well the interview went very well.

She has offered me the job, which is really very nice.

The pay is so low...astonishingly so. They want all of my skills and credentials of course, but the pay doesn't reflect that (two dollars above min. wage).

Sigh.

Of course I will take it. I don't have the option not to, and then just keep looking and hoping.

It was really nice to be offered the job though... :))

I just knew your dust would work everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Begonia! At least while you're looking for a better job you have one that you enjoy and some money is coming in so it's a win win until you find something better!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the job offer!!! More dust for your continued looking!!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on getting the job!! thats great news!! A "job in the hand...."!! you never know what will come of it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results