shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Engaged! GOG Asscher in solitaire setting

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
My new fiance proposed to me on my 30th birthday in Lake Tahoe!!! Here is a link to the story if anyone is interested...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-time-to-take-me-off-the-list.186745/

I'll get straight to business...this is SMTB after all!

Asscher from GOG (again, can't thank Jon and his team enough :appl: )
1.72 L
VVS2
6.68 x 6.58 x 4.55
Polish: EX
Symm: EX
Depth: 69%
Table: 58%

Here's a link to the video if anyone is intersted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUp5k8zjMrE&list=UUEV7slr-i-VduBBnfv9MxhA&index=26

We are still on vacation and all I have is my iPhone, so I did the best I could in crappy hotel lighting :cheeky:

Showing some nice patterning
boxshot.jpg

A little flash of fire fireflash_0.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :appl: :love:

ITS GORGEOUS!!! wow - lovin' the fire shot!! Congratulations - what a fantastic way to celebrate a milestone birthday!!! Happy Birthday and Happy Engagement!!!

Gorgeous ring - very classic and elegant!!! Beautiful!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I love this picture because you can really see the steps. The stone is picking up the brown and gold drapes by the window in this shot. This stone really hides the L color about 90% of the time. So far it looked the warmest in the jewelry store here in the hotel, haha

windowshot.jpg

Hand shot for some size perspective. I thought I was a size 5, but it's feeling pretty loose on me :?: I'm going to wait until we get home to see if weather/altitude are affecting my fingers...if not might have to go down to 4.75 or 4.5

perspectivesizeshot.jpg

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
windowhandshot.jpg

A close up because I love this pic! :bigsmile:
windowshotavatar.jpg

This marks the exact spot where he proposed, we'll always be able to come back and remember :love:
meeksbayhandshot.jpg

Pretty shot of the lake
lakeview.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful view!!!

And I love those prongs and the steps----WOW! what a great diamond GOG found for you!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi Thank you!!! It really was the best birthday I've EVER had! I love the ring and how simple it is, the stone is really allowed to be the star! I originally thought I would want to change to a three or five stone (like the Leon that niceice got from ericad) and this solitaire was meant to be somewhat temp or short term. However, I'm loving it so much that I may not change it after all. I will definitely be blinging it out with wedding bands though!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
BeeCushion|1363044236|3402382 said:
Enerchi Thank you!!! It really was the best birthday I've EVER had! I love the ring and how simple it is, the stone is really allowed to be the star! I originally thought I would want to change to a three or five stone (like the Leon that niceice got from ericad) and this solitaire was meant to be somewhat temp or short term. However, I'm loving it so much that I may not change it after all. I will definitely be blinging it out with wedding bands though!!!

ooooH!!! could you picture it with a full asscher eternity band??? OMG!!! YES YES YES!!! (um, could you guess how I feel about that combo? ;)) )

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
wa wa wee wa!!!! Love the windmills....can't wait to see what you come up with for your wedding band!!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1363044407|3402390 said:
BeeCushion|1363044236|3402382 said:

ooooH!!! could you picture it with a full asscher eternity band??? OMG!!! YES YES YES!!! (um, could you guess how I feel about that combo? ;)) )

:lol: no I can't tell....can you elaborate? ;))

Panda, thank you, I'm so excited but I'm going to miss being a LIW a little
I do plan to incorporate some sort of step cut in my wedding band, and an asscher eternity is prob the DREAM, but I might have to wait on that one!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So sleek and beautiful! Congrats!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
GemFever|1363045316|3402407 said:
So sleek and beautiful! Congrats!

Thanks GemFever! The setting really ended up being perfect for me. It was supposed to have tiny little surprise diamonds, inspired by this Vatche setting...

http://www.dvatche.com/index.php?page=collection&search=1505&alt=1

But FI said that when he picked the ring up our jeweler said he decided against the diamonds because it just wasn't fitting in with the design, and he felt it would look too crowded, like we were forcing it. At first I was irked that he didn't tell us about this ahead of time, but now I love it and definitely trust his judgement. It will also make the WB search easier since I won't have to worry about diamond on band or diamond on diamond friction or anything.

trundlebunny

Rough_Rock
I just had to stop by and say WOW, that is truely stunning, congratulations!!!

I also have to confess that I purchased the 1.38 K that Jonathan brought in and it in your video so I had a vested interest in seeing hows yours looked IRL. Somehow I don't think I'll be disapointed (it's currently with Steven Kirsh for setting so I haven't seen in yet - massively excited!!).

Enjoy your ring and those gorgeous steps :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and beautiful proposal!!! And happy birthday!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect diamond! :love:
Perfect ring! :love:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
BeeCushion! Fellow LIW here... and I wanted to say.... congrats! I am so excited for you!!! What a beautiful ring!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!! I absolutely love your stone!!!! :love:

Congratulations!

Cachette :))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats and happy birthday!! What a memorable one, huh?

Your ring is absolutely beautiful, what a stunning asscher!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness! I have dreams of getting a low colored step cut and you are not helping. This is just to die for. Im so happy for you!

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement, birthday and beautiful ring!!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohh warm color + fancy shape I love it!!!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
trundlebunny|1363047369|3402444 said:
I just had to stop by and say WOW, that is truely stunning, congratulations!!!

I also have to confess that I purchased the 1.38 K that Jonathan brought in and it in your video so I had a vested interest in seeing hows yours looked IRL. Somehow I don't think I'll be disapointed (it's currently with Steven Kirsh for setting so I haven't seen in yet - massively excited!!).

Enjoy your ring and those gorgeous steps :)

YEEESSSSS!!! I'm so excited that another PSer got that stone!!!!!! It was a really tough call because I honestly thought the K had better light performance....I just really wanted the size for the L. Can't wait to see pictures!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl:
You will NOT be disappointed! :bigsmile:

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1363048462|3402463 said:
Perfect diamond! :love:
Perfect ring! :love:

Kenny, thank you so much, it means a lot coming from someone like you that has such an appreciation for the asscher and octavia!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
SandyCheeks, lunemo, Laila619, Cachette, and missy - thank you for coming to check it out and for the kind words :)) :)) It was really the best day of my life, a perfect way to celebrate the big 3-0

neilseel - Go for it!!! I'll be a total enabler on that one, hahaha! :lol:

maple2012 - Thank you! I saw in LIW that you're thinking about GOG....they were so wonderful to work with. If you go this route you won't be disappointed!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
lunemo|1363054256|3402552 said:
Congratulations on your engagement, birthday and beautiful ring!!

I also wanted to say that I was reading your asscher upgrade thread...can't WAIT to see that new beauty! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: The ring is gorgeous, of course!!! :love: What a very happy birthday, indeed!

(Don't size it in the winter, though. Hot weather and wearing a wedding band with it will make it tighter. So wait a few months before considering sizing and try it on with some wedding bands first!)

Wow, asschers are really popular at the moment! But Jonathan surely does find great ones! Makes me want a larger one, too!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1363064343|3402664 said:
Yay!!! Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: The ring is gorgeous, of course!!! :love: What a very happy birthday, indeed!

(Don't size it in the winter, though. Hot weather and wearing a wedding band with it will make it tighter. So wait a few months before considering sizing and try it on with some wedding bands first!)

Wow, asschers are really popular at the moment! But Jonathan surely does find great ones! Makes me want a larger one, too!

Thanks DS, Jonathan is seriously an asscher master :bigsmile:
And thank you for the advice about sizing...I was trying to search for threads on here about finger changes to see what I should do, and I think I will wait a while before deciding....besides, I don't love the idea of parting with my ring anytime soon!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful!! Congrats on your engagement and Happy Birthday! :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Beautiful!!!! Love the L color! I'm biased ;-) can't wait for your wedding ring! It's gonna be amazing!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It is a stunning diamond & I absolutely love to double claws :appl:
Certainly gives me food for thought about the low col our diamond - its beautiful :love:

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Its breathtaking gorgeous!!! :love: I love the solitaire setting, double-claws holding your insanely gorgeous asscher! Congrats to you what a nice proposal! Enjoy the moment! :halo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results