shape
carat
color
clarity

Carved Amethyst Flower

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know where I can get these? I saw these too late at http://www.acstones.com/ and they were already sold out. The owner, Barbara, told me that it was something she had leftover from quite some time ago and doesn''t remember where she bought them. I really like them and could not find anything quite as nice or even close to that design. I''m hoping someone would have seen these around somewhere. Thanks.

Amethyst flowers.jpg

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think they''re earring jackets and I see them now and then: I''ll keep a look-out for you. The last I saw were carved from tourmaline. I know one source who may have them and I''ll check with him on my next trip to market.

Richard M.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the description:
The eyeclean round brilliant stones are medium dark purple set into 14k yellow gold studs. The eyeclean medium light purple jackets are carved in five petal flower shapes.

Does it mean it was originally an earring jacket, then had an amethyst put in as set as studs?

Richard,
I appreciate your looking out for these on my behalf. I was smitten as soon as I saw them and couldn''t find anything even remotely resembling them. They are pretty inexpensive too at $62 each, measuring (4mm and 12mm). I''m keeping my fingers crossed that you and I''ll get lucky.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The "flowers" are carved from stone and have a hole in the center for insertion of a stud-type earring post. You can interchange the jackets with any type of stud -- diamonds, whatever -- so they''re quite versatile. The only problem I''ve noticed is the e.r. post has to be long enough to accommodate the jacket and still extend thru the ear. Sometimes when the posts are that length they can poke into the neck behind the ear when worn without the jackets -- it all depends on the wearer''s physique, earlobe thickness, thickness of the jacket, etc.

These items are usually hand-carved and available only intermittently. They''re often of different sizes although pairs are matched. I''ll let you know if I see anything similar.

Richard M.

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
How unusual and delicate. I''ve never seen anything other than jade and quartz carved like that.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try creativegem.com they used to have these carved in topaz, quartz and agate and pink rhodocrosite and readily drilled.

I think the drill holes are rather small, but if I am wrong (or these could be adjusted), you can wear them as earring jackets.

They have several slightly different models. All light weight (important for earrings):

s9031.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Richard and Ana,
Thanks for the replies. I''m glad someone else has seen them around too. I really like the original hand carved ones that I saw so I hope Richard will come across a pair sometime this tear.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results