color
clarity

Smallest ring size ever! 2.5

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1361940482|3391509 said:
Wow! :-o That's amazing!

Laila, my first thought was that my baby ring is probably a 2-3! My mom has it but is bringing it to me soon so we can give it to our daughter for her first birthday this spring. I'll have to measure it.

My pinky is a size 4...but my left ring finger has gone from a size 6.5 to a 7.5 over the past 20 years. I never thought that was "big" until I found PS and read people's ring sizes. On a very cold day I have dared to try on stock size 6's at our jeweler's and can manage to remove them without assistance. :naughty:

I feel you, Monarch. Mine has gone from a 5.5 to a 7.5! ;(

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
I am totally baffled by this also. I am 5'8" and thin. I wear a size 6 ring, which sounds gargantuan compared to others on here. In reality, I have loooong, thin fingers. People comment on how thin my fingers are.

My mother in law, on the other hand, is just a little over 5' tall, and heavy, (she wears a 1X in clothing). Her fingers are so tiny that I can't even get her engagement ring on my pinky. It makes no sense to me.

I do have large knuckles, and have to have sizing balls in my rings to keep them from spinning all the time. I think it's possible that I would wear a smaller size ring if it weren't for the big knuckles.

And Missy - I have the big feet too!

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
Anastasia|1361987074|3391859 said:
I am totally baffled by this also. I am 5'8" and thin. I wear a size 6 ring, which sounds gargantuan compared to others on here. In reality, I have loooong, thin fingers. People comment on how thin my fingers are.

My mother in law, on the other hand, is just a little over 5' tall, and heavy, (she wears a 1X in clothing). Her fingers are so tiny that I can't even get her engagement ring on my pinky. It makes no sense to me.

I do have large knuckles, and have to have sizing balls in my rings to keep them from spinning all the time. I think it's possible that I would wear a smaller size ring if it weren't for the big knuckles.

And Missy - I have the big feet too!

Anastasia, I'm like your MIL! I'm 5'3", dress size 8-10 (depending on the design/cut of the clothing), size 7.5 in shoes but my ring finger is 3.25! I think I'm rather small-boned but I gained weight in some areas! I want to be more proportioned! :knockout:

atp223

Shiny_Rock
This game is fun! I'm 5'4", 115 lbs, dress size 4/small, and ring size 4. Oh, and my shoe size is 6.5.

I wonder if there is a relationship between height and ring size when you are on the shorter end of the spectrum. With tall people it seems to vary, but it seems most of the petite ladies on here in terms of height also have small ring sizes. My mom is 5'1" and probably 100-103 lbs (so, in other words, tiny, like FK etc!) and her ring size is a 2.5 but her knuckles require her to get size 3.5 rings.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK...I wasn't going to do it, but I'm going to post again. This is getting ridiculous! But now that foot size has entered into the mix....

Why does my daughter, who has a size 3 ring finger and a 5" wrist wear size 9 shoes? By the time she was in the third grade her feet were the size mine are now (7.5) and I called her, "Big Foot". I told her that she had to start wearing my high heels because otherwise she was going to outgrow them and never be able to wear them. I remember she looked at me and said, "Really?". Innocent as a lamb. I had to tell her "no", that she really couldn't wear them then.... But why are her feet so big when her bones are so tiny? I guess her bones are all loooong. Long and thin.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
AGBF|1362111755|3393337 said:
OK...I wasn't going to do it, but I'm going to post again. This is getting ridiculous! But now that foot size has entered into the mix....

Why does my daughter, who has a size 3 ring finger and a 5" wrist wear size 9 shoes? By the time she was in the third grade her feet were the size mine are now (7.5) and I called her, "Big Foot". I told her that she had to start wearing my high heels because otherwise she was going to outgrow them and never be able to wear them. I remember she looked at me and said, "Really?". Innocent as a lamb. I had to tell her "no", that she really couldn't wear them then.... But why are her feet so big when her bones are so tiny? I guess her bones are all loooong. Long and thin.

Deb/AGBF

When I was growing up, my mom said the same thing to me. My feet were growing so fast at one point and it was disproportionately large compared to the rest of my body as I was so skinny and petite at that time (I've more than made up for it by growing horizontally in some areas) aaah the wonders of slower metabolism and genetics :tongue:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I'm 5'7", shoe size 8, and generally wear an Xl. My ring size fluctuates between 6 and 6.5. My wedding rings are a 6.5, and are a bit loose this tme of year, but a bit snug over the summer. My fingers are long,but I feel they look a bit chubby.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
missy|1361981181|3391774 said:
So jealous of all you tiny fingered girls!
I'm 5'6" and a size 0 in clothing yet my ring finger is a 6...& I have big feet too! ;(
Oh, I wish I had smaller hands and feet!

All right, THAT'S IT!!!! Small everything ladies! I'm 5'6", size 16 in bottoms ( :appl: this is smaller than I've been in years!), M/L in tops, wear a size 9 shoe, and a ring size 7.5 (left hand) to (gasp) ring size 8 (right hand).

Now, I'm off to stomp my troll self to a gargantuan corner....(huff!)

(all said in fun! :D)

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ack, I feel so big now.

I wear a size 7.25 ring and 8-10 in pants (.....but like, 14 in dresses, because my boobs don't fit otherwise). My ideal pant size is about a 6, so I'm almost back there again, maybe 15 lbs left until I can wear my small pants again. I lost 40 lbs last year but throughout that time, my finger size never changed. It's like I have short, chubby fingers no matter what I weigh. :nono:

I just wish my fingers were small enough to try on rings in stores. Usually I'm about a size or 2 too big. Maybe if my fingers don't shrink after I lose these last 15 lbs, I'll get finger lipo. :wink2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1362194948|3394275 said:
I'm 5'6" and a size 0 in clothing yet my ring finger is a 6...& I have big feet too! ;(

All right, THAT'S IT!!!! Small everything ladies! I'm 5'6", size 16 in bottoms ( :appl: this is smaller than I've been in years!), M/L in tops, wear a size 9 shoe, and a ring size 7.5 (left hand) to (gasp) ring size 8 (right hand).

LOL cozystitches- well you're in good company cause my feet are size 9 too!! :wavey:
Hey, it's not so bad. I have a friend whose shoe size is 3.5 and she cannot get shoes very easily at all. At least you and I have an easier time of getting shoes. Shoe stores always have size 9!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1362194948|3394275 said:

I remember one of the vendors from the midwest who used to post here saying that all the women in his area wore size 10 rings. My best friend does. She always had bigger hands and fingers than I do, but over time with her illnesses, her need for bigger ring sizes has increased a lot more than mine has. So one of my closest friends wears a size 4 and the other a size 10. I wear a size 6 on both the left and right hands...which is unusual. I can always switch a ring from one hand to the other.

Deb/AGBF

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a size 6 on both the left and right hands...which is unusual. I can always switch a ring from one hand to the other.

Slight thread jack:
Deb, do you know what the average difference in ring finger size is b/w L and R hand ring fingers?
I can usually switch but there is a quarter difference so sometimes when it is hot I cannot. Just curious about if most women have around a quarter difference (which is what I thought) or there is a larger size difference b/w ring fingers.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so much fun!!! I wanna play!!! I am 5.7'', 141 pounds, size 4 in clothes, size 9 1/2 in shoes ( :errrr: yeah, i know, it's huge...) and my ring size is 4.75 :)) My mom who's much shorter and much heavier than me has the exact same ring size as me (so i can always borrow her stuff, hehehe!)

D

Deactivated member 42515

I read somewhere that even if your weight fluctuates, your finger size shouldn't change that much. Maybe half a size or so.

Before I got married and gained 50 freaking pounds, I was a size 6.5-7. But now I'm a size 9.5... And my hands always feel swollen. I wonder if this is a medical issue... Hahaha
Somebody told me that swollen limbs can be a sign of a gluten allergy... Hmm...

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
So if I go gluten free, I could get better finger coverage? Food for thought...

:)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Fun game! I'm 5 foot 3.5 inches, 106 pounds, currently. My ring size is 4.25. I wear a size 3/4 pants, size small in everything else, and my shoe size is 6-6.5 depending on the designer.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Interesting thread! So far it seems most ladies with very small ring sizes are on the smaller-framed size, but not as small as I was assuming.

I wear a ring size 4.5. I am 5'5" and weigh 120 pounds. I wear ~size 6 in most brands. My foot size is 8. Standard size bracelets and watches are always too large and I need to remove an link or two. For necklaces I like 16 inches.

I have the smallest ring size among everyone that I know. Although of course would like smaller! lol

Anne

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
A 2.5? Wow - and I thought my size was small (and somewhat of a problem): 3.5. I'm 5'1, 100 lbs., a size 2 and wear my necklaces at 14 inches. Fun thread.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a mix. I am 5'2", wear 6/8 in clothing, 8.5 shoes and 5.25 rings.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
My ring size is a 3.5 (I am 5'3", wear size 0, size 5 shoes) - I just noticed that I've got a lot of "5" and "3s" in there... :razz:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hate to pop the theory about small ladies having small fingers ... but I'm a resentful shorty with a size 5.75ish ring finger. 5'4" and currently about 145 lb, post-pregnancy - my shoes size didn't change, thank god, because you can't resize Chloe boots, but my ring sizes seem to be ... hm, shall we say, up in the air? By about half a size or so, I think. The funny thing is, while I'm still carrying ten lbs or so of pregnancy weight, my waist is smaller. It's like god saw fit to make me MORE hour-glassy ... to make up for the 9 months of immense belly, I guess?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I'd gladly go up a finger size if I can gain a cup size! :bigsmile: (upperboob only, please)

justginger

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1362452623|3396449 said:
I'd gladly go up a finger size if I can gain a cup size! :bigsmile: (upperboob only, please)

1899476cv79stjwfs.gif
Me, me, pick me! Sign me up for the Great Finger/Cup Size Exchange of 2013!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
justginger|1362463962|3396583 said:

1899476cv79stjwfs.gif
Me, me, pick me! Sign me up for the Great Finger/Cup Size Exchange of 2013!

Me 3. I would also throw in going up a shoe size too ... I can't find shoes that fit .. so will gladly trade my finger size and shoe size for 2 cup size ... wait ... that might be a bit nasty :razz:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1362228198|3394479 said:
I wear a size 6 on both the left and right hands...which is unusual. I can always switch a ring from one hand to the other.

Slight thread jack:
Deb, do you know what the average difference in ring finger size is b/w L and R hand ring fingers?
I can usually switch but there is a quarter difference so sometimes when it is hot I cannot. Just curious about if most women have around a quarter difference (which is what I thought) or there is a larger size difference b/w ring fingers.

Hi, missy-

I once heard that right-handed people had ring sizes that were generally about one size larger on their right hands than on their left hands. I know that years ago my right hand was larger than my left. (I mean many years ago...like 35 or 40.) As with many other people here, my weight has nothing-or almost nothing-to do with my finger size. When I was both very young and very thin I could wear a 5.25 or a 5.50, but I could probably squeeze into that now, too, except for the fact that my wedding ring deformed my ring finger!!! Now my knuckle has decided that only a 6 will go over it.

Probably the best way to find out the average difference would be to ask Pricescopers! I would bet that the real difference in hand sizes is more like a half size or, as in your case, even only a quarter size. It may not make it possible for everyone to switch rings, but it probably doesn't make a huge difference in sizes like that one size difference I remember hearing about!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Deb! {{{Hugs}}} back at you!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock

Same here! Oddly enough, I'm a 3.5-3.75 finger size, but am 5'3" and definitely not as thin as the shorter ladies here...but still have very small boobs. Sigh. Other than at the end of my pregnancy, my finger size hasn't changed, even though my weight has definitely fluctuated over the years.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I went from a ring size 5 to 4.5 after my first pregnancy (so LOST half a size, and has stayed that way for seven years now). I think it's because I gained and lost so much weight with the pregnancy - the tissue has lost some of its original volume.

So that's my left hand, which is also my dominant hand. My non-dominant hand (right hand) is probably closer to a size 5. So I cannot switch rings. Which doesn't bother me, I only like rings on my left ring finger anyways. Feels weird otherwise.

Anne

ladidalola

Shiny_Rock
My right ring finger is bigger than my left (3.25), but I don't know how the exact size. Would love to be able to switch rings from finger to finger :) most of the rings that I currently have are too big for my ring fingers. I have to wear them on the middle fingers instead, but they're still not properly sized for me.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
YT said:
I read somewhere that even if your weight fluctuates, your finger size shouldn't change that much. Maybe half a size or so.

Before I got married and gained 50 freaking pounds, I was a size 6.5-7. But now I'm a size 9.5... And my hands always feel swollen. I wonder if this is a medical issue... Hahaha
Somebody told me that swollen limbs can be a sign of a gluten allergy... Hmm...

I have been suffering from a "mystery illness" for about a year: extreme fatigue, body aches, headaches, etc... One of the things that has bothered me the most is arthritic-feeling, swollen hands. Around Christmas I was so swollen that I couldn't wear my rings for weeks. I started making a fruit and veg smoothies every morning for breakfast and I cut back significantly on my gluten and dairy intake. I am still fatigued and achey, but the swelling in my hands is completely gone. I also feel less bloated in my belly and I'm not puffy under my eyes. Then a few weeks ago I drank a 3-4 beers and my hands were super swollen the next morning! I don't think I have a full-blown gluten allergy, but I am definitely sensitive. And without having to radically change my diet, just being conscious about consuming less gluten and finding some no/low gluten options that i like has made a HUGE difference for me!

When I was at my most swollen, my ring size swelled from my normal 6.5-6.75 to an 8.5! Now my 6.75 e-ring is loose. And to join the party, there's my ring size ^. I have a medium/large build (7.5" wrists) and an athletic body type. I was a competitive swimmer for many years and I've got the typical swimmers body. I am 5'10", about 150lbs, 6-8 (US) dress/28 jeans and big ol size 10 feet. I had never had my ring size measured before e-ring shopping and I thought my ring size would be gigantic because I have big (really long) hands. I was shocked to find out it was actually quite "average", though it seems large by PS standards.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results