shape
carat
color
clarity

Help in finding an Art Deco Halo ring

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1360621948|3377823 said:
Psst, Sarah - what about this? It should be relatively easy for a good bench to hammer out the center sapphire and adjust the bezel to fit your stone ....

http://www.etsy.com/listing/1065374...icit_scope=1&ga_page=5&ga_search_type=vintage

Damn the filigree work on that is stunning? I love the swoopyness of it plus I LOVE how the shape is different, but besides that it doesn't make my heart sing. I think I really want a halo with colored stones with some miligraining - something I like to call classic art deco. I guess I keep hoping that a deal will just land in my lap but I'm pretty sure I have now come to terms that I will need something made. It's just a matter or what options I have for my budget.

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Sarahbear621|1360631665|3377945 said:
Circe|1360621948|3377823 said:
Psst, Sarah - what about this? It should be relatively easy for a good bench to hammer out the center sapphire and adjust the bezel to fit your stone ....

http://www.etsy.com/listing/1065374...icit_scope=1&ga_page=5&ga_search_type=vintage

Damn the filigree work on that is stunning? I love the swoopyness of it plus I LOVE how the shape is different, but besides that it doesn't make my heart sing. I think I really want a halo with colored stones with some miligraining - something I like to call classic art deco. I guess I keep hoping that a deal will just land in my lap but I'm pretty sure I have now come to terms that I will need something made. It's just a matter or what options I have for my budget.

:nono: I know, sometimes you just have to get something made. I find lots of antiques I like, but sometimes they aren't sizable. I love your ERD pick so far. Reallly, all of your thoughts look great to me, of course I love Art Deco too! I had a chance to buy a round diamond in a French cut ruby bezel halo about 10 years ago-ugh, my jewelry regret.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ok found something on ebay that I just put an offer on...ekkkk!!!! It was a bit more then I wanted to spend so I'm hoping we can work out a price. I will keep everyone updated.

And just a note it is not at all like my inspirtation rings that I posted but it does have side sapphires and an antique look to it. It is not a true antique though

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Well they accepted so I guess it will show up soon. What do you guys think?

The small photo is the actual ring which I can't get any bigger. It comes with the matching wedding band. Unfortunately they are sautered together :nono: but upside is the price was great for 2 rings!

I'm including the stock photo off the Soloman Brothers website as well for better reference.

tacori_actual.jpg

tacori.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh Sarah, Congrats on getting your offer accepted! Now we need closer pics to see what beauty you are getting. It looks pretty but hard to see any detail.

ETA: OK I see you cannot get it any bigger...looks nice from the other pic you posted where I can see more detail! Well done!! :appl:

And you got 2 for the price of one! Super! The wedding band looks lovely too!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Missy! I will actually say I like the pictures posted by the seller. They are pretty and show the lovely mili-graining and blue sapphires, not black at all like the pictures show. I never would have thought I would find something on ebay but the seller was willing to negotiate. The same ring was also being sold, but it was for a much large diamond at 3.5k more :shock: . Hopefully I will have the ring mid-late next week so I will take photos.

And on that note I better get my butt on the pre-loved forum and sell a few more items that I don't wear. My goal is to get my jewelry collection in check this year. Sell everything I don't use, reset the stuff I want to keep so I will use, and try not to loose the pieces that I use now!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love it, very pretty!! Are you going to keep the rings together, or look into separating them? Just curious - It's a lovely set!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1362187047|3394190 said:
Thanks Missy! I will actually say I like the pictures posted by the seller. They are pretty and show the lovely mili-graining and blue sapphires, not black at all like the pictures show. I never would have thought I would find something on ebay but the seller was willing to negotiate. The same ring was also being sold, but it was for a much large diamond at 3.5k more :shock: . Hopefully I will have the ring mid-late next week so I will take photos.

And on that note I better get my butt on the pre-loved forum and sell a few more items that I don't wear. My goal is to get my jewelry collection in check this year. Sell everything I don't use, reset the stuff I want to keep so I will use, and try not to loose the pieces that I use now!

I cannot wait till you get the rings! So excited for you!!

As for selling items you don't wear-I need to let go myself. I really have difficulty parting with anything so I cannot even imagine selling my unworn jewelry but I would love to be able to do this. It must be so freeing to get rid of stuff you don't wear so others can love and appreciate it. And ofc the extra $$$ would definitely come in handy. One day maybe...Good luck on your sales! I will be checking them out as you know as I love your taste in jewelry!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1362187400|3394194 said:
Oh I love it, very pretty!! Are you going to keep the rings together, or look into separating them? Just curious - It's a lovely set!

Thanks Junebug. I think I will look into seperating them. I'm not sure of the process with how that works and I'm hoping it won't be a PITA. After that 2 kids my fingers are finally going back to normal but my knuckles are huge so I have a lot of problems wearing thicker shanked rings. I think if I keep them together I might find the rings spin a lot. I will have to see. Plus I actually really like the wedding band and I might add them to my current stack!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ooh, I really like that setting! Especially if the sapphires look nice and blue, I think it will be marvelous!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
missy|1362187487|3394195 said:
Sarahbear621|1362187047|3394190 said:

I cannot wait till you get the rings! So excited for you!!

As for selling items you don't wear-I need to let go myself. I really have difficulty parting with anything so I cannot even imagine selling my unworn jewelry but I would love to be able to do this. It must be so freeing to get rid of stuff you don't wear so others can love and appreciate it. And ofc the extra $$$ would definitely come in handy. One day maybe...Good luck on your sales! I will be checking them out as you know as I love your taste in jewelry!

Missy I actually have a black and white diamond ring that I always thought had your name on it. It isn't so exciting in photos but I actually get the most compliments on it vs. all my other jewelry. However it is a size 8 or 8.5 and if I remember correctly you have little tiny fingers and I doubt this ring could be resized more then +/-1 or 2.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ekkkkk they came and I'm so excitied!! I really love the actual ring. I do wish the sapphires were a little brighter but it is also hard to tell the color when I'm inside, at night with bad lightening. But overall I'm very happy with the ring. I will definitely seperate the ring from the wedding band. I haven't decided if I will keep the band or not. Honestly it is LOVELY and it molds to the ering so I'm not sure anyone would want it since it would never sit flush with anything else. But it is a bit tooo matchy for my taste. I guess we will see.

Missy yes it is freeing to get rid of most of it, mostly because you know someone else is loving it and appreciating it more then you were. I definitely think I'm in a place now were I don't jump up immediately and purchase something because it is pretty. DiamondSeeker stated it best that she is looking for quality heirloom pieces that she can pass on to her children and I think that is what I'm trying to move towards. I want to know if I will wear it today, next year, 10 years from now, 25 years from now and so forth. DH thinks I have dove off the deep end!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Well that's good that worked out so well! I'm going to check out your other post.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, I just saw that these are manmade rubies. Never mind.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results