shape
carat
color
clarity

How much for an imitation Ritani setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone had an imitation of this Ritani setting made by another jeweller? If so, did it turn out okay (do you have pics) and more importantly, how much did you pay for it (if you don't mind my asking.) What would you guestimate it would cost to get someone to imitate this setting?

gorg.gif

wowza.gif

JC

Shiny_Rock
Indecisive,

Have you visited any of the websites of the online vendors listed right here on Pricescope? If not, then give a few a try. You may find very similar designs for exactly what your looking for. Good luck....

35.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I love the ones on dirtcheapdiamonds!!!
1.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Thanks JC and Pearcrazy. I have looked around at other rings of very similar styles, but I''m so picky. I was more wondering if someone had taken a pic of that exact Ritani setting to a jeweller and had them imitate it and what that had cost, rather than getting something that still may be very similar. I''m still trying to make up my mind between something really very similar to the Ritani or just a Tiffany 6-prong setting, and knowing how much they cost (for an imitation - budget is strained and can''t afford the real thing) would help the decision making process.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Dirtcheap diamonds has settings for every shape.....prices are listed.....some other companies make them as well....

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Good Old gold website has catalog of Ingwer settings....go to the pave pave, and they have similar settings.....

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Oops....go to page 51 of Ingwer settings on GOG website.....

starfire

Shiny_Rock
I have been seeing quite a few posts about imitation or knock-offs from original designs here in this forum. It is a shame that people think nothing about making knock-offs and imitations, and talking about it openly.

I am not sure if Leonid endorses such behaviour, or if he will choose to ignore it in the name of open communication. But I think it is wrong to engage in such behaviour.

If you want to make a certain design, I think it will be better to buy the real thing, or buy another design altogether. If the budget is beyond you, then perhaps you might want to re-assess your design requirements.

There should be some integrity in this forum, both on the part of the retailer AS WELL AS the consumer.

Best regards,
Stephen Tan
Charlotte Atelier

"Stand for something, or fall for anything"

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
RE: knock offs/imitation moral and legal issues. It was discussed here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/poll-is-it-ethical-do-you-feel-comfortable-having-a-jeweler-recreate-a-ring-you-like-but-cant-aff.17408/

See CaptAubrey post: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/poll-is-it-ethical-do-you-feel-comfortable-having-a-jeweler-recreate-a-ring-you-like-but-cant-aff.17408/page-2

it's not ethical to steal someone else's ideas no matter how you rationalize it.

everyone has a price tag on their ethics. for some, it's the $18 they save on a pirated cd; for others it's the $2000 they save on a setting. but at least be honest enough to admit what you're doing. that money you've saved is money you've stolen from the person who owns the idea.

that said, most jewelry is not protected by copyright because you need a certain level of originality to qualify for copyright protection. it has to be a distinctive and original design--the average diamond setting isn't going to be enough. but it's also incorrect to say that it's not protected unless registered. if it qualifies for copyright protection, the protection exists at the moment of creation. and if you commission a close copy, you and the jeweler are guilty of infringement.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My suggestion is if you like that Ritani ring exactly the way it is, then just buy the Ritani. Solomon''s and Pearlman''s have good prices for it and Bailey Banks & Biddle carry it too.

My guess is that a copy would be fairly close in price, but that also will vary depending on the quality of your pave diamonds.

If you want to make modifications to the ring, then you should have it custom made exactly to your taste.

p.s. this Ritani is one of my favorites!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results